Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I've had this cold since sunday and it's just getting worse and worse! Last night I tried to sleep but I kept getting nauseous! I keep coughing my lungs out and it totally SUCKS. I'm hungry but every time I eat I start to feel nauseous again! I don't know what to do, it's hard to sleep, drink, everything! It didn't start out this bad of course, but now it's totally bad! I can't take ANYTHING but Tylonol for this because all other cold meds will interact badly with the meds I'm already on cause they are MAOI inhibiters! I mean Nyquil is GOD when it comes to colds and I CAN'T TAKE IT!! Is there anyone that has any type of advice on how to get rid of a cold?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I am so sorry[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I had something similar last weekend and it was awful too. Sadly, I
    didn't know how to get better, I just slept a lot and tried not to eat
    much. I also tried to be busy with something if I was awake, like
    reading magazines, playing with mobile phone, watching TV. Just
    something to keep me away from thinking about how bad I felt.

You only live once

Hmmmm- could your smoking maybe be further irritating your throat? I know when Chris gets a cold, smoking usually makes his cough worse (and thus makes him complain more, lol).

A spoonful of honey may help to coat the throat, I have found that it works in the short term.

Hmmm-as for other home remedies, Im not sure how reliable these are, but here are some sites I found:

http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2216005.html

http://www.herbalcollective.ca/stop-that-coughing.html

You may also find it helpful to boil water, drape yourself in a towel and hold your head above it to inhale the steam (I know I am describing this badly, but it it something that we did whenmy asthma was bad as a kid). The steam will help you breathe more clearly, and clear out the icky stuff in your chest if needed.

Hope you feel better- colds are such a pain in the arse~!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah well I'm sure my smoking isn't helping but I've cut back like a MOFO on the cigarettes. At least my nose stopped running, now all I have is a sore throat and I'm coughing up phlegm...TMI I know. I just ate some chicken, hopefully that'll be good for me. Who knows? LoL. I'm tired of coughing, I got like NO sleep last night cause of the damn cough! Thanks Amber for the honey tip, I knew that but it had been buried in the back of my head. I'm about to go eat some honey....LoL!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I'm going through pretty much the same thing right now.My appetite has been down all week, and last night Ihad hunger nausea coupled with a mouthful of phlegm, plus I couldn't breathe. I had also taken Robitussen before going to bed, which always makes mefeelweird in general. In short, it was a really bad night.

I'm supposed to be writing a long-ish paper for school this weekend, but I've felt too miserable to make much progress.

Clearly there is a cold going around the emet boards haha I've been the exact same way all weekend. I've had to come to work now but I'm suffering. I know I'm one of those assholes that comes in sick but my contract only lasts for 2 more weeks and god knows when I'll pick up another job.

Anyway, thanks for the links Amber. I hate the nausea that can come with having a cold, I'm like a bloke, I always think I'm dying of flu when it's a head cold haha I reccomend soup so much for colds. It's cliche I know but it helps ease the throat.

xxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

It must be all of the coughing while we are online...we are spreading germs through our computer screens!

I have had a cold for 11 days...I thought that they were only supposed to last 7-10 days!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    So, I have just about had it. I had a week of sore throat, tons of congestion and the most irritating cough. I have been taking amoxicillan for my skin, so I know that it will hopefully be taking care of any sinus infection. Plus, I have been using saline drops for my nose. That has been the ONLY thing to help the congestion. I have been taking promethazine with codeine at night to sleep. But, I am right there with all of you...no appetite, n* from phlegm, etc, etc, etc. But, I keep thinking, at least I am not "you-know-whatting"!

I usually get at least 2 whopper of colds during the year. The first usually waits until right before Christmas and I end up wrapping gifts with bronchitis. It came a lot earlier this year. I think that it must be the preshoolers that I am teaching this year. They are not as careful with their "excretions" as my second graders in the past.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I hope that everyone is beginning to feel lots better! I promise, I will work on covering my mouth while I am online so I don't spread anymore germs!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Julie

I've had a cold since monday, i've been coughing up my lungs, im going to doctor tonite, it could be bronchitis. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I think, with a cold you just have to let it take it course. I know that sucks but I don't really think any meds help. Hopefully it will be done soon. Mine usually last for about a week. I am a smoker too and my cough will last for about 2 weeks. Feel better!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary