Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Two of my friend's birthdays were this week so I was supposed to go into the city last night to go to each celebration. I really wanted to go, but had felt sick from lunchtime after I'd eaten weird chicken. I got ready and everything, and on the way there I felt likeI was going to vomit... It wasn't anxiety-I had the same feeling as I did the last time I vomited. But I went anyway! Even though I could have and felt like I was going to be sick IN PUBLIC AWAY FROM HOME, I stayed out! I still felt queasy, but just made sure I drank water between drinks so my tummy could handle it (which it nearly didn't). But I was ok anxiety-wise! Then later when we were waiting for a taxi there was v* on the floor and I could evensmell it a little bit- but instead of freaking out and running away straight away like I usually would- I did a quick calmdown talk in my head, and found a way to just ignore it! So all in all- a successful night! Edited by: glitta_fairy

Good for you, sometimes its better to go out if you feel bad just to get your mind off it. (not that doing thatn is easy though)

Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Laney x

Hi there!!

Great job--you forced yourself to go even though you felt n* and nervous, and ended up having a great time. I have occasionally done the same thing (not as much as I'd like to!) and ended up feeling fine and totally glad that I went. However, seeing v* on the floor throws me into panic mode, so I definitely give you credit for handling that so wonderfully!!
    You should be proud of yourself--keep up the good work!!

Thats awsome Im super happy for you great to know that people are actually living their lives and not letting this phobia take it away from them .

that's great [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Thanks guys it was a huge step for me- I NEVER go out when I feel sick! I have to admit though I was looking for places I could run to just in case IT happened... But doing it in public is a huge fear of mine, and I felt like I did something good for myself by risking it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hey Glitta,
    That is really brave. I mean knowing that you are nauseas feeling, and knowingly putting yourself "in the line of fire" so to speak, even when you didn't have to, I think that is very brave of you.

Thanks Galadriel! I did feel like I should go, as I hadn't seen one of these friends in months... And I'm so glad I did! Going into the city kinda freaks me out at the best of times... and I 'm supposed to go there again the next 2 weekends for other bdays... So many of my friends are born in October- it's always pretty busy. And definitely an anxious time for me as well lol [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

good good...i think you are awesome...i get too scared to do that these
    days...im even freakin about having my bf's friend spending the
    night...and he did all summer long, and now im afraid of being sick
    when hes heere...he was even sick once here and i was okay..but i had
    my emets and ibs undercontrol and now it runs me...sorry to get
    off...You did great...im glad you had fun
    I love Sam