Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: hunger?

Man ok so I realized I ate like one waffle today, eek. Sometimes I do that I get so involved doing things I forget that I didn't eat hardly anything! Well ok so I just got out of work and am eating, but man I feel sick. I know its most likely the hunger, but man sometimes it makes you so nauseas feeling. It better just pass. Also my head is starting to hurt some. I guess it takes awhile for the yuck feeling to go away?

Hi there!

I know how you feel---I usually don't eat anything until dinner time (I know, it's bad!) but start feeling kind of out of sorts by the afternoon. By dinner I'm starving, but still feel kind of n* and headachy even after finishing eating. It does take a little while to go away, and in the meantime just tell yourself that you KNOW why you're not feeling well and it will pass soon enough. I've noticed that the n* feeling goes away alot quicker than the headache, and often I have to resort to taking Advil to finally get rid of it.
    Hope this helps you out some and I hope you feel better!!

You know what , sometimes when I dont eat for a very long period of time and then I do have something to eat I get these extreamly painfull killer pains in my stomach. The first time it happened I was so scared I thought I was going to have a heart attack lol . The nausea accompanies the hunger , I think its just a way of saying " ok lady im too hungry to the point where I feel sick already" usually after you have a bite and let it settle it will fade away quickly . Dont worry yourself just let time take its toll.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I am doing okay now. I was just getting a little freaked cause my guts were getting all crampy and churny, tho I know that happens with hunger.

that happens to me a lot...and it seems to happen at like 4 am a lot
    too, i will wake and feel sick and n* and gasy, and have huge hungery
    pains till i eat something and they make me feel so icky and sick..then
    i eat some bread or crackers and i fall right back to sleep...its so
    weird...
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The other day at work I had 1/2 hour to go so I figure I'll eat when I get home. I was SO starving, all the way home all I could think was omg I need food I can't wait. Then I got home did a few chores and by the time I got round to making myself something I felt sick to my stomach and didn't want to eat though I knew I needed to. Being hungry can suck sometimes past a certain point!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey ladies,
    Yea being hungry past a certain point is just awful feeling. You just feel so run down and sick. USually tho once I get something in me and all the weird guts cramping and ect goes away I'm okay.

When I get hungry and I don't eat for a long time, i dont get n*. I get a burning feeling throughout my entire abdomen. It starts at the bottom of my chest and goes all the way down. I notice that when I feel like that, if i eat a little something with sugar in it (small piece of candy or something) to get my blood sugar up it helps and then the pain starts to go away and I can eat. sometimes it doesnt go away even after i eat and i end up having to take something for indigestion. I hate it when i forget to eat and this happens. It always sends me into a panicked frenzy and my mind starts playing tricks on me.

Hey Mary, urgh that sounds like acid indigestion. I think when your hungry your stomach produces more acid but it doesn't have any food to work on so you end up getting all yuck.