Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Dry skin

I am sure all of you here wash your hands quite often during the day. I
    wonder, don't you have problems with your skin? I mean I wash my hands
    really a lot and my skin is so dry and rough. Sometmes it even gets all
    red and it hurts. I use tons of lotions and creams, but that does not
    seem to help anymore[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Is there any kind of way to avoid that? Or to make it less obvious? Maybe having an oil baths or something...
    You only live once

I think it depends really on what kind of soap you use. A lot of bar soaps or cheaper ones can really dry your skin out. when I was a file clerk I used to wash my hands all the time b/c they would get all gross with ink and dust, between that and carrying paper all day I've never known hands to be so rough lol. Have you tried putting on a lot of cream and night and then some of those little white gloves you get at pharmacies? That's meant to help.

What are you thinking that leads you to wash your hands quite so much. Maybe that can be challenged also.

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I just wash them in order to remove all the germs. Of course I do not
    wash them if I don't touch anything, but anyway it makes about 10-15
    times a day[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I use not the cheapest soaps too..Well I guess I will try that gloves
    thing you suggested. I've never tried it though I've heard that women
    do so, only they use oil instead of cream.

You only live once

YES!

I live in residence at university and I think it must be something about the soap here because my hands are disgustingly dried out. And of course, putting moisturizer on doesn't help for long because I always end up washing it off! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

ok so i know hand sanitizers dont really work but besides washing i use the lotion hand sanitizers from bath and body works, so its supposedly killing germs, which we all know the truth about that but oh well, and its softening your hands, i usually wash it off too but then i just put more on and there only like 4 bucks for a lil bottle.

and in many different scents!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I started carrying a hand cream with me everywhere. Now I also have one
    near my PC, one in the kitchen, one near the bed and one in the
    bathroom. God, it's so crazy...
    Edited by: longgone
    You only live once

I LOVE my Corn Husker's Lotion. It goes on kinda slimy but dries pretty quick and has really worked. The doc told me to get it when I had this patchy dry red area on my wrist a couple years ago. Also as been said already the soap probably doesn't help. Maybe one w/ moisturizer in it?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin