Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help....

WELL AS MOST OF YOU KNOW I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT THE OTHER DAY AND WAS FEELING PRETTY SCARED! IM ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS GONE AND THE N* IS JUST BEGINING, I HAVE A SON BUT HAVE HAD 3 PREGNANCIES BEFORE WHICH THE MORNING SICKNESS WAS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME WITH ALL OF THEM, JUST THE N* .. I THOUGHT I COULD DEAL WITH IT THIS TIME LIKE I DID BEFORE BUT MY EMET IS THE WORST ITS EVER BEEN. I WOKE UP FEELING N* THIS MORNING BUT IT WENT OFF SO ME, MY HUSBAND AND MY SON WENT OUT FOR A MEAL WHICH WAS LOVELY AND I FELT FINE, WELL A FEW HOURS LATER MY MUM CAME ROUND WITH A MEAT AND POTATO PIE FOR OUR TEA (BLESS HER) AND I TOOK A SNIFF AND STARTED TO FEEL N* , I TRIED TO EAT SOME AND REALLY STARTED TO FEEL N* AND HAD TO GO LIE DOWN QUICK.. IVE HAD A LONG CHAT WITH MY HUBBY WHO IS GREAT AND REALLY TRIES TO UNDERSTAND BUT I CANT STOP CRYING, I FEEL LIKE I CANT BREATH, MY HEART IS BEATING SO LOUD AND FAST, I CANT DEAL WITH THIS SICKNESS THING ANYMORE I JUST WISHED MY LIFE WOULD END! I LOVE MY FAMILY SO MUCH BUT THIS EMET IS SOOOO BAD THAT IT CONTROLS THEIR LIVES SO MUCH IT WOULD JUST BE BEST IF I WASNT HERE.. WHAT DO I DO?? HOW DO I STOP THESE FEELINGS, IM TOO SCARED TO GO TO BED TONIGHT, I HATE NIGHT TIMES AS I JUST LIE AWAKE SHAKING AND CRYING.. PLEASE HELP![img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

You have been through this before and you made it through alright. Whenever I start to feel bad and wish I wasn'talive anymore I just try to think of the good things that are in my life,you can only take things one step at a time. Even though you think that emet controls your families life that could just be your opinion. I thought that my emetcontrolled my boyfriends life because I would always cancel our plans and make him go out of his way to help me because of it. After talking to him about it I learned that he did not feel like I was controlling his life. Everything happens for a reason thus you have a family and are pregnant for a reason. If I feel like killing myself I just try and rememer that if I was supposed to die at this time in my life it would not be because I take my own life. I hope this helps a little I am new at this stuff. Edited by: fvhsblondie

it sounds like you need to control that stupid morning sickness
    better...do you have a pack of crackers next to the bed with water...so
    when you wake up in the morning, don't move much, and eat them slowly,
    give yourself at least 20 minutes to eat and relax...it will help with
    the n* so then you can get up, and remember to eat frequently...like
    every couple of hours, okay?? Stay strong, just remember how happy you
    will be when you have your baby to hold. I know its hard. are the sea
    bands working??? what about talking to the doc. about anti emets while
    your pregnant??
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

I agree with rubysoho--if you are so troubled by this it may be time to talk to your doctor about anti-emetics and anxiety. I'm sure he/she will have many things for you that will be very helpful. They may even have some relaxation techniques for you to use when you're feeling especially anxious.
    I am so, so sorry you are feeling so down. Trust me when I tell you I (and many others of us!) know exactly how you feel. This phobia can be so frustrating and controlling, and also effect those around us. However, it's wonderful that you do have such a supportive husband, and you can turn to him when you need. There are days when it's really rough with emetophobia, but there are many more days that are wonderful. As cheesy as it sounds, tomorrow is another day and alot of times when I have an awful night I wake up feeling myself again.
    In the meantime, talk to you doctor. You should not have to feel like this and I'm sure he/she would be able to give you tools to make it better.
    I'll be thinking of you! Take care of yourself!