Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

....called the Amazing Race. And guess what happened? I am pretty sure that someone vomited on the show, but I had to change the channel. They were eating calviar (or however you spell it) and I wanted to see the show, but I had to change the channel because I was too afraid of seeing vomit. Why did they have to show her getting all sick? That is one thing I would ask the people that edit the shows. I mean, it is not like I was watching a show where you expect people to be vomiting, such as Fear Factor. Do any of you watch shows where you suddenly have to change the channel because someone is getting sick?

Peace.

Elizabeth

Yeah, it's really annoying - I mean, they don't show people getting diarrhoea all over the place, so why show sick?

Hollyoaks is the worst program for that, barely an episode goes by where someone isn't sick and the camera even zooms in on it sometimes!

A lot of the time you know when it's coming so you can be ready to change the channel but there really is no need to show it, especially so often!Edited by: cwarren
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

I'm glad I dont watch hollyoaks!!! I hate when that happens. Shows over here like it shouldnt happen to a tv presenter or funny camera clip things or even TV out takes always feature people v* And I think its even harder because you know that its real! I hate now knowing when things are coming but most of the time you do no when to hide under cushion!!

yeah i know TV's do seem to show it a lot more often now.. in the past they wudnt do that kinda thing...

oh well.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I watch the amazing race too...and I just saw that episode too...*Graphic?

Well, I thought to myself, I was so determined not to let emet ruin the show so I actually sat through it! I was so excited for myself! It showed the contestants gagging, heaving, and their face...it was like a v* scene but without the v*...then some one v* under the table...

Graphic over.

But I was happy with myself for watching it!

that is good sunshine! that u managed to watcj it i mean!

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

Thanx Jenneh...

Ne wayz i still dont understand how come ppl 'publicly puke' lol

i guess because to some people.... v*ing is lke... any other bodily function, sneezing, coughing, spitting...

people sneeze cough and spit in public.. so they're not gnna mind if they v* in public either!

Jen xxx

MSN:

Hmmm...very, very good point!

it may be lik that to them, but to us...its every thing BUT a normal thing,its nothing like coughing, sneezing...

actually I watched that episode too, and no one vomited. If they had, they would have been eliminated, or had to start the eating over again...I was glad they didn't show anyone sick but WHAT A NASTY THING TO HAVE TO DO. GAK - the caviar looked horrible...
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.