Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Tonight I tried a new recipe for Maple GLazed Chicken I found on the internet. I was really looking forward to it because it sounded pretty tasty. Well, as I was cutting the raw chicken, I noticed I felt a wet drop on my lip. I kept cutting for a second and then thought "what if it is juice from the chicken? What else could it be?" I kind of freaked out and washed my hands hten went up to the bathroom to wipe it off. First I wiped it off with some of my face toner on a cotton pad. Then I gargled with mough wash and made sure it ran down my lip when I spit it out. I still can't help but wonder though if I somehow ingested some of it and if it is going to make me sick.

There are two sad parts to this story. First of all, it's sad because I keep worrying about something that may not have even happened. Who knows what (if anything) I really had on my lip. Second, because of the mouthwash, I kind of burned my mouth with that really strong minty flavor. My entire dinner was ruined because it felt like all of my taste buds had been burned off. Dinner tasted so bland to me. My husband said it was good - I guess I'll have to take his word for it.

aw...I can see how that would freak you out. But remember you're just anxious. You're not really in any danger. I guess I could say I'm "normal" now, and if that happened to me - even if it was a whole drop - I would do absolutely nothing and I know that I would not be sick. Even if there were bacterian on the chicken, you'd need to ingest more than a drop or speck to get sick from it...it would take quite a bit, I would think. A speck just won't do anything to hurt you. I hope you're ok with this now!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey

Sage is very right. Can't say anymore than that on that part. What i do want to say is well done for even cooking chicken! I'm sure if your husband enjoyed it that you'll be able to make it again and enjoy it with him. It's a shame you'd nulled your taste buds, i hate that, cant eat or drink anything after i've brushed my teeth.

Katie