Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: tri-cylen

Hybrid View

Who's on it? I just started it after being on Alesse for 3 years. I needed to switch because I was having some spotting and cramping between periods. My doctor knows abut my fear of throwing up, ect so I hope this one isn't a very high dose. I'm scared of the side effects although I had barely anything with Alesse.

Anyone have any experience with this pill? Or anything ??
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

You're talking about Ortho Tri-Cyclen, right?

I was on it for two years. The only reason I went off was for lack of sex drive. Ugh. But I had very little problems with nausea. The only thing I noticed was my sense of smell was a lot stronger and I felt slightly gaggy from time to time. But nothing that ever made me panic.

Overall, I'd say it was a decent pill. Periods lighter, cramps not as bad. I'd grade it a B-.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, just Tri-cylen. Apprently theres a few with Cyclen in the name, haha.

Orthocare.ca
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

never had any side effects with it - but then again, I must not be very sensitive to hormones since Ive been on about a dozen different pill brands and never had any side effects at all. I just switched over and I finished my second month, and I've been fine.

In fact, I dont think Ive ever had a side effect to ANY meds - well, maybe the good side effects.

oh and btw, vomiting is not very common with the pill these days, but they have to list it as a side effect, even if one percent of the population experience it.

If you do have any nausea ( which you probably won't) you can try tri-cyclin lo.

Oh, and Im going on info based on ortho tri cyclin.. are you positive its not the same thing?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I was on Tri-Cyclen for many, many years. I had an ovarian cyst and was put on Tri-Cyclen to control its growth. Even with the cyst, I experienced absolutely no problems taking the pill.

More than likely, I'll go right back on it after my baby is born in January.

I wouldn't worry about it. And like Jill said, you can always go on the Tri-Cyclen low hormone levels if you areconcerned about any side-effects.

well before i got pregnant i was on "ortho" tri-cyclen and my doctor had switched me to alesse for a couple of months and i had cramps horribly and spotted also...then i got pregnant?? i have never been on just tri-cyclen but i have been on so many others..i know for a fact that once i have my daughter and get back on the pill i'll go back to ortho because it was the best one i have been on for cramps etc..however as HDogg said, the only negative thing about it that i experienced is definately having barely a sex drive..whats the point of being on the pill if you dont want sex...LOL...i never experienced any nausea or vomiting from it, that was always caused by other things!! Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

I had a LOT of nausea in the mornings with tri -cyclen, but everyone has a different body and we all react differently so I would just wait and see . Even if you do get nausea its highly unlikely that you will get sick. Then you can just switch if you have it , and also some people only experince it for the first month or so and then it goes away. My emet was at an all time low when i was on it so that is why i quit taking it.

This is my second week on it and I've had a bit of nausea, nothing big so far. And my boobs are a bit sore. I'm hoping that goes away after the month is up.