Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My question here: When some people get sick with sv's, have an upset stomach or feel nausious for some reason, are there people with a much higher vomiting tollerance than others with weaker tollerances? Are there people who are more prone to getting diarhea than vomiting when sick with an sv such as norovirus?

I've never vomited from a sv, only got diarhea. And it's the same for my mum, stepdad, and dad. Weird ay. I'm definitely no expert, but I've heard people talk on here about conditioning- like how you train yourself to react a certain way in certain situations(in this case not to vomit when sick), and I think that might be why I'm less prone to throwing up unless I ABSOLUTELY can't stop it. It's like how emets are less prone to vomiting, not only because we're more hygenic, but also I think we physically won't let ourselves do it most of the time. As for tolarance, you might be right- some people just don't vomit much for some reason... But like I said- I'm no expert- that's just my opinion.

Kayla [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I agree with Kayla. I think some people are just more vomit-prone, emet or not, than others. And it does seem that we emets can fight it to a certain degree, where a non-emet might not care, and just vomit to get it over with.

I am like this too... i usually always get d* horribly.. when everyone else has v* .. most the time anyways
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I have had d* only once in my life (since I was a baby of course) and
    even that time was with v* as well. So I guess that makes me a v*
    person then because I have vomitted about 4 times in my life[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    You only live once

Yes, there are definitely some people who are more prone to vomitting than others. I usually only get diarrhoea (thank goodness!) when I have a stomach bug, but I did get both that and vomitting when I had a really bad bout of gastric flu once.

My cousin seems to vomit a lot. Even a simple cold viruscan makeher vomit. She also suffered bad sickness throughout her pregnancy, it only stopped about three weeks before she gave birth. My grandma was the same with vomitting a lot, almost every other month!

I guess we all haveour 'weak' spots. Whenever I get the slightest cold I end up with a bad chest and cough that lasts for ages. I've just got over a chest infection after having the tiniest cold in August. Others will suffer with their sunuses or ears for example when they contract colds. So likewise some people will have weaker stomachs and moreeasily vomit than others.

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Unlike most emets, I have what's considered a weak stomach and v* easily. I always fight it to the bitter end, though. I sometimes fall asleep on the bathroom floor when I'm nauseous, because I want to be by the toliet just in case, and lying down helps prevent it. I also splash my face with cold water, do deep breathing exercises, or go outside (if it's cold outside). I have to lock the bathroom door during such a time because my husband wants to come help me and I want to be alone and need concentration to prevent v*. Most people don't go to all the trouble to prevent it. When I do get a sv, I only v* once while others do it many times. I get diarrhea much more frequently and never fight it, because it doesn't bother me.
    life is too serious to be taken seriously

ya i'm definitely more prone to d* (knocks wood). and I really think I've only had like, one MAYBE two sv* in my life (knocks more wood)