Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: QUESTION!!!

If anyone out there is on Zoloft I need to know can I take like tylenol or something for headaches??? I keep getting these tension headaches but I am too afraid to take any tylenol or anything because it might interact with my SSRI.....any suggestions??

hey there...I took zoloft for 3 years and took tylenol and never had any problems. I did however get really nauseated if i took ibprofen or motrin so I would not recommend that. You should be fine if you take a tylenol because it does not have any anti=inflammitory stuff in it.

If you are getting chronic tension headaches, you can also take pamprin, even if its not that time of the month. It works great and does not interact with the zoloft. (it also lightens my mood)

I know that you trust people on this forum, but please....don't take medical advice from the internet - you just don't know who's telling you what. (This is more of a general statement, and not directed at you personally).

The internet is great for general information, discussion, comparing ideas, etc. but when it comes to what drugs to take, dosage, or diagnosing an illness I get really nervous when people take advice they've seen on the internet.

Always call a pharmacist and ask questions like this - that's what they're there for.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Sage -

I did call my pharmacist...everything is ok...heh heh I do agree with you though about the medical advice thing. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my thoughts that I don't even think of the most obvious answer to my question. Thanks! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥