Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Oh no d*

So I was feeling kinda icky, and have been yesterday and today and had
    several loose poops both days, but its off agian on again sick feeling
    and it comes when i have to go potty...i just felt sick, when really
    loose almost d* poop and now im freaked out...i mean i feel better, but
    im scared im getting sick...i dont know what to think...do you think im
    getting sick???? im so freaked about it right now...i hate feeling this
    way and being alone...ahhhh
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

plus when im feeling sick like this i dont like anything in my
    mouth...usually i dont mind putting a mint in and feeling better...but
    im too scared to have it in my mouth now...i hate this...anyone???
    opinions please???
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ive been feeling like this on and off for the last 2 weeks, I think its becos the SV season is approaching and Im feeling anxious.

I think the thing to remember is that if you are ill you wont want food, but if youre anxiousyou could still be hungry. Ive had A S**T week at work and dont feel hungry but dont feel ill.Im currently cooking aa Sainsburys special pizzaand really arent bothered about food but can eat it cos I dont feel ill. If you feel ill, thats diffenent!!

God Im justr about to watch "you are what you eat - uk"that'll be fun!!!

Laney xx

Hey Ruby,
    Ugh I hate it when its like taht. Sometimes I get like that where its erm, looser than normal and usually makes me feel crappy. I sometimes will take an Imm AD when I've had enough of feeling yuck from it, or if I have to go somewhere. USually that puts a stop to it and Im okay after that. Do you have any you could take?

no i dont really like to take anything...im feeling less paniced and
    better...but i should just eat and i will probably feel better
    I love Sam

This is obsesion your brain is looping constantly abaut possible scenarios making light symptoms worse....I belive in our "emetophobic"case our brains working like gastric symptoms amplifiers detecting and horibbly amplifing iven smallest ones. Brain is more and more sensitive to such things becouse wesimplylern to detect any discomfortend phobia can turn iven worse......I know itsalmost impossible to stop thinking about it. This is anxiety so try to thinkabout anxiety symptom not real illnes i know it sound next to impossible becouse i just recovered from 4 day long episode of constant fear.

Did you ever take any drugs like: ssri, benzos, neuroleptics, antyemetics?
    In your situtation I will wait maximum one day and if symptoms not go away after that timeI will start taking long acting benzos regurally for few days until you feel fine. Antyemetics aresimplyineffective onnausea from anxiety even palonosetron or aprepitant newest andvery expensive drugs. They may work only like placebo. Older one like neuroleptic class prohloroperazine metoclopramidum are unsafe its large risk of extrapiramidal symptoms at higher doses buttheyworkalso slightly sadative. But sometims they paradoxicaly can cause dangerusakathisiaa body restlessnes something similar to anxiety. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akathisia

Good luck!

I think the thing to remember is if you did have the sv* I really don't think it would linger around for days. I think if you had it, it would hit and you would know you had it. I really don't think you would have d* and then feel better for the rest of the day and then have d* again.

When I have had the sv* (last february) I was having BAD d* every 1/2 hour for an 8 hour period and I felt like s***!

I think you are experiencing either IBS or anxiety. I hope you feel better soon!!!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary