Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My cat : *(

I had to have my cat Garfield put to sleep yesterday. I am so incredibly sad. He was 13 years old. He had suffred with diabetes for the past4 years. I had to give him 2 insulin injections a day. He became sick on Friday, and ate less and less everyday until Sunday night when he quit eating all together. I brought him to the vet and they told me he had 80 to 90% kidney failure, and that there was very little hope that he would get better. So I had to make the hardest decision of my life in his best interest. He will be creamated so he can be with me for ever.

This is my sweet baby.

[img]uploads/images/kellybean/E71_garf2.jpg[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh Poor you {{hugs}}. God bless Garfeild. Losing a pet is the same as losing a family member.I never got over losing my little dog who had a similar illness. It was the right thing to do, you did it out of love. Garfeild is no longer in pain. He had a happy life.

Me and my (previous) partner had a dog, alsation labrador cross called Jack that we had to have put down, he got too old and his legs stopped working, he was the funniest dog ever, i went away for a week, every night he sat at the window lookingfor me, he also used to love getting stuck behind the TV whuilst we were at work,I hope you are coping ok, its a big wrench when we loose a pet.

Laney xx

Aww I am so sorry. He looks like he was a sweet cat. You did the right thing I think, so he no longer has to suffer.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! It is such a difficult decision to put your best furry friend to sleep, but if it help end their pain, it's the best choice you can make. I'm sure you have many wonderful memories with him. Garfield will always be a part of your lifeand will live forever in your heart!

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor cat.

I'm sorry too, it's really sad, but you did the best thing. Hope you feel better soon and your pain is replaced with some lovely memories.

I am so sorry for your kitty! I know this must be hard for you.....
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

I am so sorry!! Losing a pet is so incredibly sad! You took great care of him and he was a happy kitty. He had a nice long life.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

He looks like a total sweetheart... It's so hard losing a pet, especially when they'd been with you for so long and were a big part of your life.I'm so sorry he got sick, but you did the right thing by him. I wish our cats could live as long as us...

xxx

aww OMG I'm so sorry! he looked like such a CUTE cat [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. Just be happy that he's in a safe place now

sorry it is always hard to do that with your pets. i hope you will be okay
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

how sad! I've always had cats and although they live a long time, it's soooooo sad when they go. Make sure you honor your kitty's life by grieving for him. This will also help you to feel better sooner.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You showed him a last act of love by getting the vet to help him on his way. May all your treasured memories of him bring you comfort.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Aww Kelly, I'm so, so sorry. I'm such a cat lover, so this brings a tear to my eye =( I have a 10 year old cat myself, she's just everything to me, and I always dread the day where I'll have to say goodbye to her.

You did the right thing. I can imagine that having to make the decision to put an animal to sleep is unbelievably hard, but at least it was peaceful for him, and his suffering wasn't prolonged. Rest in peace, Garfield <3
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Kelly, I am so sorry about your beautiful cat. You did the right thing though, kideny failure is not reversable, so he would of only suffered more. Here is a great poem for dealing with the loss of a pet...It always makes me cry when I read it, in fact I'm crying now, but just knowing that one day I will see all the best friends I loved again makes me feel better....

The <A target=_top name=Rainbow>Rainbow</A> Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

*Author Unknown*

aww.... i'm so sorry. i'll keep you in my prayers.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I want to thank each and everyone of you all so much. I can't begin to explain how much your kind words mean to me right now. I have never lost someone so close to me before. It's so hard andI don't know when this pain will go away.

I think of all of the wonderful memories I have with Garf, and I am so greatful for them, but at the same time I am so incredibly sad that I can'tmake more memories with him. The one thing about him that was so comforting to me was the smell of his head. I would grab him, and just sit there and smell his head.

I have read before, that when we die, our pets are the first ones to greet us when we get to the other side. That makes me so happy.

I am so sorry for your loss! Pets really are our family members and best friends and it hurts horribly to lose one. Please take care and remember the wonderful times with your fur baby!

Thank you Marieb.

Thinking of you!! Your cat looked so happy in the picture!!!! I remember when I was 12 my lab Bear was 13 and he passed..he was old and sick. I watched him pass in my dad's arms....I never got over it, but I think of him everyday! Never forget Garf and he will never be totally gone! Hugs to you!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Oh thank you 1scareddj, I promise I will never forget him, ever!!

I remember when our cat Mickey died, he was probably 13 or 14, my mom let him outside for the night and he was hit by a car on his way home. I know it's hard to lose a pet that you'd had for so long, but you loved him and he'll be with you forever in spirit, and who knows, you might get a kitten that he's been reincarnated as. Feel better!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

im so sorry ! r.i.p

Thank you Monica and Jodi.

Monica, that's so sad that your kitty was hit by a car.

If I could, I would buy all the kittens in the world just to find him again.