Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A couple nights ago, I stayed up all night to get a paper done, and ended up snacking on sunflower seeds all night.. I figured they werea good study snack because I could eat a ton of them and they would keep me awake and didn't have too many calories...I actually like the taste of the shells, so I would eat them whole, shells and all. so yesterday I felt gross, and today I do too.. at first I thought it was from the lack of sleep, but now I'm wondering if it has to do with the sunflower seeds? I don't feel n* but I have been getting what feels like period cramps on and off... really bad...and when using the restroom, it's not d* but not what it's supposed to be either :/ I can't figure out if this is something the sunflower seeds caused (because apparently the shells are really high in fiber), or if I am getting sick, or if I'm just PMSing? It's kind of stressing me out, I want to make sure I find out the cause of this, so in case it is the sunflower seeds I can avoid doing this to myself again. if anyone knows, that'd be nice... thanks.

i dont think i would ever eat the shells because they are really hard
    to digest in the body, which is probably why you feel off... try not to
    worry they will pass in time...at least a few days
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey there,
    It sounds like it could be the sunflower seed shells. I bet your body is wondering what to do with them, lol. Most likely tho that could make you feel funny.

thanks! I took a nap for a few hours after posting, and I'm feeling a lot better. I think it probably was the shells combined with lack of sleep (it must be harder for the body to digest anything on a lack of sleep?). I'm definitely going to be more careful when eating the seeds now though! thanks

I've never heard of eating the shells before, it was probably those that made you feel off. Sunflower seeds, like nuts, are actually high in fat and hence calories. I eat them as they are good for you, along with pumpkin and sesame seeds, but in moderation because of their high fat content.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Nuts always make me go to the bathoom. Nuts are insoluable fiber and they will make you go to the bathroom -- trust me... as I did that one weekend with sunflower seeds, minus the shells
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.