Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ugh my dog!!!!

So as most of u know i have two dogs and the older one is the one that drives me crazy, she is my rottie husky mix. She has become an escape artist and likes to run away now and every time we reach to get her she runs further and further away, she has ran away now 3 times this week alone, she snuck out of the gate when i was letting another dog in, and took off running again!

I hate this.. anyone want a dog? she is almost three yrs old and my 5 month old puppy is better than she is!

Its truely hard to get frustrated to the point of giving her away but, its getting hard because i dont always have the time to come after her or wait for her to come back. She always either comes back or we get phone calls but its just ridiculous.

She needs to live on a farm some where . far from roads so she can just roam and run all day long. *sigh*

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

She is probably acting out because you have a new puppy. They get really jealous!!! It is weird they act lie humans sometimes. Just give her some time it will better

I wonder if spaying her would work - she may be straying due to the powerful natural instinct of searching for a mate. I know catsrating male dogs is a very successful way of eliminating/reducing roaming. Maybe it would be worth you going to see your vet and discussing the problem with him/her.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

All the other advice is good advice. Dogs get terribly jealous and mopey, a lot like kids.
    Do you have a large crate? I know that punishment with scolding tones and then being left in the crate for a while works (at least on the smaller dogs). They get that its bad and think twice about the next time.
    You can walk them around the yard and while they are in the bounds you praise them. On a leash at first just all around the boundries you want them to be. Then you try dropping the leash so they think that you are still holding them and praise them while they are in the area you want them to be. Saying NO or STAY if they try and go beyond that and if they insist "BAD dog" then the final step is you walking with them no leash. This may take some time and patience but old dogs can learn new tricks. This one worked on our schkipperkee named Phoebe.
    How open is your yard. When letting the other one in and out maybe the other should be tied with just enough rope to not go out the gate but have free run of the yard. There are these pully systems now (look like a clothes line) so that they can run free in their yard but not past.

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.