Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Argh!

Man dang it I am having trouble sleeping tonite due to nausea/stomach ache, and now I cant hear out of one ear. Last nite at work I noticed I tried to erm get wax outta my ear and it muffled it for a minute but then I could hear fine again. Well now I was trying to get it more unclogged and I cant hear out of the one ear, its all muffled. Man talk about annoying, I just wanan go to sleep for one nite straight this week! Argh.

Ugh, I hate that muffled thing. If you have serious wax production going on, maybe see the doc and find out why?

Sorry you are not feeling well. It is horrible when your ears get muffled. I hope you managed to get some sleep eventually and that you soon feel better .

Hey Marie and Curly, thanks for the replies.

Well I did get some sleep last nite which is good, but this morning my ear is still clogged feeling. I'm not sure why its doing this, its never happened before, and I haven't had a cold or anything. It just did it last evening for some reason.

Maybe I got water in it? I'm not sure. I know I can hear out of it still, it just feels like I have my finger stuck in my ear plugging it up.

I had that a few weeks back. your ears are blocked with wax and are not clearing. You need to have them cleaned by a nurse at the doctors. It's a horrible feeling which wont get better on it's own. Getting water in them will make you deaf for a while. I am very happy now my ears are cleared.

I have had that happen a few times. They clean them out at the doctor's and it's great again! Just annoying.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hey cloughie, would your ears like "pop" in and out? Like right now I can hear again, its like they get alternately stuffed feeling then pop open and I can hear okay. My head also is feeling stuffy, so maybe its sinuses or something. If it doesn't go away in a day or 2 I'll have to go and get them looked at and de-clogged.

Yes they get blocked and you start messing and they do clear again. The problem will still be there for next time you get water in them though.

Do you think you migh have an ear infection of some kind? They can cause N* and a very uncomfortable feeling.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

My boyfriend has alot of wax, and uses this stuff called audiclean, which you spray into your ears and it breaks up the wax, then it kinda falls out with the spray... That sounds gross, but it does literally fall out.

I know that sinusy feeling your having- maybe it's a sinus infection? Last time I had one of those the doc told me to use nasal spray and try and get out as much mucus as possible... but antibiotics clear it up faster and better (i just don't like to have them too often). Whatever it is- maybe you should go to the doctor just in case.

Hope you feel better soon hun!!

I wonder if its a sinus infection type thing, cause tonite at work my head started hurting pretty bad, all around where my sinuses are, so maybe its that. I dont have the need to blow my nose or anything, just the odd ear thing, and some nausea and now my head feels like it wants to be lobbed off.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

When I had one my head felt heavy and felt likethere was stuff inside it that kinda slopped from one side to the other everytime I moved my head lol. And I was really sore and congested in the middle of my forehead and the bridge of my nose, and my neck ached. And I just felt like I didn't want to move cause I felt so blah, you know? Is that what you've got? If they get bad it can do damage to your hearing later on. Try and get a good sleep and let us know how you go k [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hmm, well I do feel like I've got stuff in there like plugged with batting or something, and I can feel my sinuses hurting and around the back of my neck. I do feel kinda stiff and pretty blah. Is it possible to not have a runny nose at all, but still have it drain down the back into your stomach? I'm wonderin if thats where some of the nausea is coming from. I did feel like I wanted to lay down and just put my head down at work. Urgh. Hopefully it will improve some. I like to give my body a chance to try and fight stuff first, and if its having trouble then go get some help for it at the docs.