Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone else have this constant fear of becoming pregnant? I used
    to be really bad when I was still in high school but not so much any
    more. Well thats a lie....when certain things happen I think I may be.
    Like lately I have been hungry n* and lots of pain at like random times
    all day long, even at 2 and 4 am. And eating is the only thing that
    helps. Like I freak out and then I make myself eat and I feel fine. I
    think oh god, am I pregnant??? At least it would explain the weird
    things. And I have IBS, and I have been having slightly loose poop with
    actually is pretty normal for me because I have to eat a ton of fiber
    for my ibs. I just hate feeling icky or off. I wish it would go away. I
    try to go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, to keep things regular, and
    keep me fit, and it relieves stress, but I keep thinking am I pregnant
    is that why i feel icky at the gym? Im on birth control, ortho evra(the
    patch) and i only have a preiod every three months...which is nice, but
    i still wonder sometimes...could i be pregnant and just getting my
    weird light period? Everyone in my family has little periods with their
    pregnancies...ANother thing is that just recently I had to take
    anitbiotics which MAY lessen the effectiness of the BC...which scares
    me but it hasnt ever done anything in the past, so I tried not to
    worry. Anyways...I dont want to buy a test because I wont get my next
    period till some time after Christmas....bascially has anyone ever
    thought like this???
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm thinking that way right now, but for good reason - I might be! /but there is such a thing as phantom symptoms where your body feels like you are pregnant because you think you are. If I were you, and not due for a period until Christmas, I would go buy a test to ease your mind. Walmart has some that are only $3 or $4. I think not worrying for 2 months is definately worth $3 or $4.

yeah. thanks...oh when do you find out? i get what you mean. thats what
    my bf says. i think about it too much so i feel that way and my mom
    always tell me its because of the bc it makes your body think its
    pregnant
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Normally (if you're pregnant, of course) you would get a positive pregnancy test result 5-10 days after you are supposed to start your period. Some tests are more sensitive than others... I'm 26 weekspregnant now and when I tested, one test came out negative and different brand came out positive. Three days later I tested again (I didn't believe it the first time), the test that originally was negative was positive.

For peace of mind, I would definitelybuy a pregnancy test or two and makesure you aren't pregnant. It's not that much toease your worry!

I bet it is just you thinking you are...I have done that a lot in your past. When you are pregnant I am pretty sure you will know. It was like that for me anyway. I would cry for no reason then turn around and laugh like no other.

Thanks guys...Im such a dork..I just really dont want to be right now...later in life is fine, but not now!
    I love Sam

I've had a baby and I knew I was pregnant even before I missed my period. I had vivid dreams every night and started getting up at night to go potty. I used to be able to sleep through the night without a bathroom break. I also had a strange metallic taste all the time. And it might seem crazy but my pants started to get snug just two weeks after conception. Nobody can hardly believe it unless they saw it with their own eyes. I also had n* but kept it controlled by taking cold showers, sucking on lollipops, brushing my teeth with kid's toothpaste, and sticking to a scedule of lots of light snacks instead of big meals. Anyway, I used to be paranoid about pregnancy and thought I was when I wasn't, but when it really happened it was much different. Hope that helps. You also might want to buy the more expensive pregnancy tests. They're supposed to be able to detect pregnancy hormones quicker than the cheap ones, plus they come two in a box so you can take two to confirm your results.
    life is too serious to be taken seriously

Thanks that is really helpful. My mom always says that I would know..its like female intuition...but I still get scared. Thanks the info is really good to know. I wake up in the night having to pee too...but im just being paranoid...every night for three weeks now...i wake up at least three times...
    I love Sam

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120
    yeah. thanks...oh when do you find out?

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. I've tried home tests, but so far they have all been negative. I have no idea when I'm due to get my period - that's my problem. I have been messed up since Kayla was born. If I'm not pregnant on Monday, though, I am going back on the pill so I can quit worrying about it. I'm realy tired of not knowing. My husband swears I am pregnant and he's all excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I would be excited, but the baby fever I had at first has started to ease up. I definitely want more, but I would prefer to wait at least a year. I'll let you know on Monday what happens. I'm making my husband stay FAR away from me until then, just in case! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I have thought alot that i was pregnant but believe.. like everyone says you will for sure know it.. atleast i did for sure.
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Then why do i wake up every night hungery...i mean i did last night,
    and its really weird.. i have never had this happen before... but
    basically every night i wake up feeling n* and tummy pain and upset
    with hungry panes and i have to eat to feel not sick...its really
    weird. i mean i eat all day long, and i have a big fullfilling
    dinner...so why does this keep happening..its been almost a month
    now...and i dont get enough sleep and im always tired
    I love Sam

If you think you're preg then get a test. I knew I was before I did mine. All those times before that I'd panicked about it and imagined it were nothing... It was completely different when I was actually pregnant. Normally I feel really stressed and anxious- Andthen suddenly one day not only did it goaway, but I feltWAY TOOrelaxed. As soon as I felt that way, I was like, omg, I'm preg. And I was.I could just feelthe weird hormones, they were different to any I'd experienced. Actually the day before idid the testmy bf and I talked about what we'd call the baby, cause I was so sure. If you feel that way- maybe you are...

The only way to be sure is to do a test- If you get your periods every three months then it would have been like a month since you lasthad themright? You should beable to do a test now... So go for it! Better to know now than later.

Good luck hun!! For which ever way you'd like the test to go...[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Kayla xxx

I have to disagree with most everyone else - I feel a lot more "pregnant" when 'm not than when I am, at least at first. I didn't feel different at all when I decided to test. I was just our first month trying and I was too anxious to wait and see if my period was late. I didn't feel different at all then. Obviously, I did later, but not for a couple of weeks. For the last couple months I have felt pregnant a lot, but I don't think I am. I kind of wish I was one of those women that just knows, but I'm not. I have to rely on the tests to tell me. I really think you should test and ease your mind. Good luck!

I knew I was preg to before I missed my period. My subconscience was telling me, but I was choosing to ignore it just in case. I woke up one night out of a sleep, and the first thing I thought of was "I'm going to be a mother". It was very strange. Then, a couple of people I hadn't seen in a while asked me for fun if a was pregnant yet, and for some reason "yes" popped into my head, but said "no" because I didn't know for sure, it was just a thought. The physical symptom I had was about 1 week after my last period, my boobs started to hurt. I gave it a little thought, but brushed it off right away.

kellybean - now that you mentioned it, there was actualy one person that asked me the day I took my test. I had only known for like an hour, my husband didn't even know. I had jsut ogtten in to work and it still hadn't really sunk in. A girl I work with pulled me into her office, shut the dorr and asked me if I was pregnant. She had heard someone v* in the bathroom or something and wondered if it was me (it wasn't!) so I told her no. I felt bad for lying ot her, but I thought my husband should at least know first! After it came out at work that I was, I went back to her and explained that I had just found out that morning and I wanted my husband to know first. So I don't know, maybe other people could tell, but I couldn't.

I convince myself a lot that I might be pregnant. I wouldn't call it paranoia anymore though---more like wishful thinking. But hubbysays no kids until I get better. If I didn't have such a conscience, I would lie about my ovulation time. But I could never do that. So I just grin and bear it--and secretly hope for an "oops." [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Sillygirl, I ran into my aunt one day and she knew I was pregnant, but she told me that she could see it in my eyes that I was. She said I looked really tired. I think some poeple can tell when others are pregnant just by looking at them.

I wonder if that i true...i bet it is...my mom knew both times my
    sister was pregnant and with all of her four childern...so i guess i
    would be like that too
    I love Sam

A couple of people at work jknew I was pregnant very early on (6 weeks) as I had 'the glow' apprently. I am usually very pale but until recently people have been saying how well I looked. I now have aneamia and get told how tired i look all the time!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.