Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Chiropractors?

Does anybody go to a chiropractor?

I am wondering because as some of you know, I've been having a lot of problems with my stomach since October of last year, its constantly pain and daily nausea, its been a tough road. Anyway, a couple months ago we had gotten an ad. with our town news paper (I live in a relatively small town) from one of the chiropractors with a story of her own stomach problems when she was young and how it went away with going to a chiropractor, which is why she's become one.

I can't remember exactly which one sent the ad, but I'm going to call around tomorrow and ask, and hopefully get in to see her. We've exhausted much of conventional medicine, basically the one medication approved in the US to treat what I have (delayed gastric emptying) has horrifying side effects. There are other meds, that you guys in Canada, Mexico, Europe, etc can use, but none of the pharmaceutical companies in the US have decided it's worth the money to to pass. Anyway, I am considering driving up to Canada to see a doctor there, it's about 8 hours away but I figured I'd give this chiropractor a shot. The compazine helps some with the nausea, the phenergan doesn't help much at all except it makes me sleepy enough so I can sleep through it sometimes. I don't like to take vicodin because it makes me feel nauseous, but sometimes I resort to it for the pain, but I don't think I should live life on pain killers.

I am stressed about this, because my dad has the same condition, and he v*s EVERY SINGLE DAY from it. He doesn't mind v'ing so has never persued a treatment for it. I DO mind so I'm going to try to find this solution.

Thanks guys. Gina

Oh god! I sure wouldnt like to be your dad! How does he cope with v* every day? I hope you dont end up like that.

If you think the chiropracter is worth a shot then do it, it cant make you any worse. nothing ventured, nothing gained lol

I suffer from nausea everyday and am constantly worrying that i will v*. I have IBS too which makes me feel even worse.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Hi chippedaway,i worked at a chiropractors, a few years ago for a few months and my mum has been going to the same one for about 15yrs.....I suffer really bad with IBS and also my nerves....And when i started there as a receptionistthey said that they liked all staff to have treatment on a regular basis....AS we worked there we got it free,but for me it helped so much with my stomach as i always suffer with alot of trapped gas .Everyone thinks that the chiropractors are for just people with bad backs but that is so un true.....Your vertabrae has many nerves and those nerves then go to different parts of your body....I.E Stomach.hips,knees....everything......So each vertabrae has a reason for other parts of your body....Alot of women stand wrongly so this puts alot of pressure on your organs and then thats when u get problems.....MY mum gets asthma and it helps so much.....And if she is feeling low u can have an adjustmant,this is where they click the vertabrae back in to linement and it can boost your imuune system.....I would definetley give it a go...before i worked there,i was very unsure about how it would help anything other then your back.....But your back is a veryprescious part of your body and alot of us neglect it and this is when other complications happen....I hope this hasn't confused u and keep us posted on how u get on

take care vicky xx

Sarah- Me either, it's bad enough his bathroom is right above mine, sometimes when I'm in the shower I hear it happening... I'm used to it though, so I'm a bit desensitized to the "sound effects" anyway. I hope I don't end up like that either, even if I weren't emet, it can't be good for throat, teeth, etc... I made an appointment at the chiropractor on Monday.

Vicki- Thanks for the advice, that sounds great. I did make an appointment for Monday, I'm trying to think positively about all of this. Thanks a bunch.

I went many many time to the chiropractor and i can truly say that it helped me a lot, a time, for my dayly nauseas... But they are so expensive that i can't go every 2 days like before. BUt if you have money and want to try, i think that it is good to feel better. It helped me a lot when i went....A bit less nauseas, and when i was going out of the chiropractor clinic, my nauseas was almost always disappeared and i was ok for always about at least 3 or 4 hours...
    I\'m in fight for my soul, but i\'ll win.