Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT- please read

i hate my parents so much. Every single one of my friends is allowed to go to Great Adventure(its a place w/ rides & games& food & stuff) I'm the only person that can't go. Im a sophmore and I know 8th graders that are allowed to go! It's not fair. My friends are all going today...and then theres me...im stuck staying at home. & liek i knopw this sounds like not a big deal, but its making me like rele upset that im the only one who cant go=(

parents can be unfair sometimes.i'm a junior and know what it's like to have overprotective parents. Look, i know this sounds really really cliche, but what I had to do was show them that i was responsible and could handle responsibility and stuff like that. It sounds really lame, I know. But now they let me stay home alone for a long time (just this week i have been alone for four days) and let me go to many places without really any complaint. You might not geet your way this time, but hopefully next time you'll get to go!

Good luck! And I feel your pain.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Buuuumer. I'm a sophmore as well and I'm blessed with great parents. Hmmm...I hope you can find something fun to do at home, hun.

I know how you feel. When I was 10, my friend invited me to go to NYC with her for the weekend...naturally my parents said no and although I didn't understand it at the time, I can see why now! I threw the worst temper-tantrum and I told my dad I hope he died! 1 year later, he died of cancer and I have never forgiven myself. Your parents love you very much so dont take that for granted. Maybe you should try talking to them rationally and like an adult. Right now, by saying you hate them and that they are unfair, you are acting like a child. Try showing them you and mature!! Maybe next time they will reconsider!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hi there!
    I agree that parents can be really overprotective when it comes to certain things, but they always have their reasons (even if they're not valid). You should definitely talk to them about this--it can be surprising how understanding they can be. Especially since you're in high school now you should be allowed a bit more freedom to have fun and just be a teenager.
    Definitely talk to them about how you're feeling--you may be happy with the outcome!!
    Good luck!

LOL- maybe I'm getting super-old, but the first questions that come to mind are:

- who's driving? is it another teen and how long have they had their license? How long is the drive?

- who would be paying for this outing- you? would you need money from the 'rents?

- have you done anything lately that have made them mad at you for some reason?

I'm not necessarily saying that they aren't being unfair- just that maybe we don't have the full story. LOL- please tell me you didn't use the old "but everyone else is allowed to go" on your parents- if there is anything that makes parents supremely mad, it is those words.

Chin up babe- it may suck now, but in a few days it will be less of a big deal. Besides, Great Adventure isn't going anywhere- even if they said no this time, there will be other times where they will say yes. I agree with what the others said- try talking with them, and show them that you are responsible.

Hope you managed to get out and do something fun today, even if it wasn't what you wanted!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.