Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have had the worst week--well, I guess it oculd always be worse, but not much!! Last Sat. nite, my 6 year old came into my bedroom and woke me up to tell me she had just thrown up. All over the bathroom floor, luckily my hubby had gotten home from work early and was there to clean it up and care for her!!! Yay!! She only did it that 1 time and woke up fine & hungry & eating everything in sight the next day.

Then she came home Wed. to tell me that her good friend had thrown up in a trashcan in their classroom---and here's the worst part: Her teacher didn't call the janitor, nor did she remove the trashcan or trahsbag from the room, nor did she sray it with any disinfectant or anything. My daughter still had to throw things away in it for the rest of the day!!!! I of course called the school to complain. That was just one of the most disgusting, unsanitary things I have ever heard of. My daughter's teacher called and left a couple of messages but I missed her calls, thank goodness, because I hadn't cooled off yet and I probably wouldn't have been too nice about it. Then she had the nerve to talk to my daughter and tell her that the next time something bothered her (you know, like sitting in class with a trascan full of smelly v*) to let the teacher know!!!!!! Is anyone in their right mind not bothered my this???????? PLease. let me know!!!

Sorry you've had such a rubbish week. I totally agree with you about the trashcan thing tho, that was vile and totaly unsanitary even from a non-emet pov. I would have phoned to complain aswell if i had been in your position. Things like that make me so mad and the example the teacher set for her pupils is a very bad one!
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OMG!!! YUCK!!! What is wrong with that teacher!! GROSS!!!! I find that to be VERY UNSANITARY!!! Ugh!!! I'm so sorry you and your daughter had to deal with that![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Lots of schools have trouble sympathizing, probably because they're so exposed to it. In eighth grade I had to sit in the office right next to a trashcan with v* and the student that had done it while I waited for my dad to come pick me up. Something should be done to help them realize how it is for some people.

Hi there!!

That is absolutely disgusting!! I've always thought that teachers need to play their part in attempting to keep their students from getting ill, and not taking care of the v* properly and quickly is disturbing.
    At my sons school the teachers even make the kids wash their hands before eating, remind them to do so after using the restroom and so forth--it really cuts down on illness.
    I remember when I was in first grade the girl sitting next to me (of course!!) v*ed into the trashcan, but it was during painting class and no one saw it but me. I told the teacher and she asked the girl if she did it and for some reason she said "no", but they called the janitor to get rid of it and sent her home anyways. She ended up v*ing again when she was leaving the classroom.
    I always remember v* getting cleaned up very quickly in school, plus if it was horrible they'd send us all outside or something until the coast was clear. Your daughter's teacher should be reprimanded for her actions--unsanitary and disruptive for the whole class.
    On another note, I'm glad to hear your daughter's feeling better!

What aterrible week you have had. I can't believe your daughter's teacher. Yuck! Your poor daughter. I would be very upset if that had happened in my daughter's classroom, though in my daughter's class at the moment they are really trying to encourage good handwashing. I'm glad your daughter is feeling better now.

I'm sorry, but the teacher wouldn't call in the janitor to clean the V* in the trashcan??

That is so gross. She should be ashamed to expose the kids to that, especially herself. Especially being a kindergarden teacher. (Is your child in K? Because you said she's six) But anyway, that's just bad for the kids, that sets a bad example for themselves, too.

Uh, sorry for sticking to this topic, but that's just unhealthy.

I cant believe your daughters teacher did that, that is just plain gross, I dont care who you are. Un-sanitary too. I thought that the janitors of schools were supposed to come handle the clean up of that. I know that I have talked to a friend of mine about substitute teaching at the school where he is principal (grades 3-5) and I asked him whats happens if I have a child v* in my room, and he said that all I have to do is call to the front office and they would send a janitor to my room to clean everything.

I am glad that your daughter is fine now. How is the rest of your family? How are you?

that is so freaking wrong...i hope you talk to that teacher and tell
    her she is crazy...like what the hell...i dont get it. sorry...i hope
    you guys are okay now
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm a teacher, and I can't believe someone would do that. Even a non-emet knows better than to leave a bio-hazard near the other students. We get very specific instructions on how to safely handle bodily fluids, you may be able to contact the principal or headmaster of the school and get something done. At least a reminder to teachers thatit is dangerous!!

BandNerd[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    BandNerd

That is really awful and quite unbelievable that a teacher would be so shoddy about hygiene.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I'm with everyone else... What's wrong with that teacher? Even if she's happy to expose her students to the possibility of sickness (which really isn't her choice to make in the first place), wouldn't the smell bother her? I've never heard of a teacher doing anything like that... And the fact that she had the nerve to say that to your daughter must have you pretty annoyed.

Let us know what ends up happening when youtalk to her!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kayla

That is just the nastiest thing I have heard in a long time.

I mean even if the teacher didnt have a problem herself with v* surely she should have thought about the other children and disposed of the bin and contents!!!

I hopeyou have a better week next week.

Laney xx

eww I'm sorry but that's just dead wrong! I've never had a teacher do that before, nor have I ever heard of that

Nasty nasty nasty! I can't believe any teacher would do that! The only possible reason she could have for doing that--is maybe it was just a tiny amount. But still, that is just plain sick! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Jeeeeeze. I would have had a serious case of ass kicking to tend to if my teacher left V* in the room. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] I'm sorry you had such a crappy week though. I hope this week turns out better for you.

i would have killed my teacher is she did that. ughhh

Yeah, I agree. This isn't something that we're just overreacting to since we're emets. That's unsanitary. Even in hospitals, where they expect sick people to be, they clean up things like that immediately.

And you're right she has a lot of nerve blaming your daughter for it after you complained. If I were you I'd go over her head and bring this issue up with the principal.

I bounced this story off some none emets. They even were grossed out. She definitely didn't use her best judgement or common sense in this situation. God, I don't know how in the world she could sit there with a trash full of V* next to her like it was no big deal. Eww, grosses me out just thinking about it!!

Thanks for your replies. My daughter ended up having a urinary tract infection, so I wonder if that's what made her v* last week, who knows!!

I had a parent teacher conference with the teacher last night (after I had almost a week to chill out about it) and I explained to her that Logan and I have "issues" with "v" and that we're very anal about germs, washing/sanitizing our hands when we go places, before we eat, etc. And she just didn't seem to get it, so I am sending Logan to school with her own bottles of hand sanitizer, even though I sent a large bottle with her school supplies, it is just not being used!! THe teacher said that she smelled the trashcan and didn't smell anything in it and that she thought the girl hadn't really thrown up after all, even though Logan and the girl's mother said that she had. Logan saw her do it!! So it was just like, whatever. I mean, v* doesn't ALWAYS smell, especially if it isn't sick v*. My son gagged on Tylenol and v'ed and it didn't smell, so I don't think that is a very good indicator, especially since the girl got sick after lunch, her food wasn't digested yet, so it probably didn't smell awful!!