Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I just had to share with you all the nice evening I just had.

I was supposed to be going to my friend's house tonight to look after her children and when I got there, all of my friends from my previous school where there for a surprise party for my 30th birthday!

This was so special to me because I changed schools this year (as did 9 other teachers at my old school) and the transition had been very difficult for me. I struggle with change and these people were with me during many very influential times in my life: my first 4 years teaching (any teachers know how stressful and tiring these years are!), my engagement, my marriage and most recently supported me during and after my miscarriage. I know now how special and unusual my relationship is with these collegues because they are my friends and my family. It coudn't have come at a better time because I have been feeling really alone at my new school and I miss them terribly. I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

It is so nice to know how very much you are loved from time to time isn't it? I think I just needed a little reminder.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

happyteacher

Edited by: happyteacher

Awww, that's lovely. It's sounds like you have a great bunch of friends!

I hope you feel more settled and happier in your new school soon.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Aww, that's a great story! You're so lucky to have so many people who care so much about you!!

Happy Birthday!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

How wonderful that must have been for you!! It is strange how when sometimes we feel our worst something amazing comes along to bring us back up again. You've gone through alot and had quite a few hurdles to jump, and it's great that your friends were there for you and reminded you just how special you are to them.
    I'm so sorry you're having a hard time adjusting to your new school--I know exactly how difficult it can be to adjust. Of course it gets more comfortable with time, but the transition is always a struggle. You'll get there, though--just keep your head up and hang in there!!
    On another note, happy (belated now!) birthday!

Glad you had a fantastic time on your birthday!

It's great that you have such a close network of friends that give you support when you need it- and of course throw you fabulous parties!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats really great that your friends think so much of you. I'm glad you enjoyed your party. Happy Birthday!

What great friends you have - hope you had a good birthday!!

Aww that's so sweet of them! You're definitely lucky to have them! And it sounds like they did this at the right time, too. Isn't it great when you think everything in life is going horribly and you're unhappy, and thensomeone does something beautiful for you? It reminds you that you're actually really lucky to have the things you do. I'm really glad they cheered you up!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I hope things go better at you're new school soon, too.

xxx