Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so here's why I think I am so n* all the time or sickly feeling....

1. Quit smoking COLD TURKEY (last cig was on Sept 30th)

2. Started Zoloft on Sept 28th (I have xanax too)

3. Haven't drank hardly ANY soda since the 28th of Sept.

4. My birth control pills are all messed up and I have gotten my period now twice in the last 2 weeks.

5. Have an anxiety disorder along with some depression

6. Obsessed with my physical health, every little twinge of pain I have I think is something serious and I look it up on the internet right away...LOL

Do any of you think that a combination of all of these things could be contributing to my feeling weird, sick, and tired all the time?????

That's a lot of changes to my body all at the same time! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Not looking for *medical advice* but rather some thoughts and opinions! Thanks!Edited by: 1scareddj
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

birth control pills suck, I'm too scared to even lookat them....

Zoloft ...... I used to take it and it made me v* every time I took it. Which just ended up making the problem worse

Iknow when I quit smoking my body's processes (i don't know how to put that any better lol) were slowed down, which did scare me abit cause I got constipated... But it will go away. It sounds like you're really trying to get healthy though- so good on ya! I bet you'll start to feelheaps better soon. I'm sure it is the combination of all those things that's making you sick and tired.... But once your body adjusts to not smoking, new meds, the pill taken properly, and no soda you'll feel great because you'll know you're doing everything you can for yourself. You don't need advice on this because it really sounds like you know what is best for yourself already. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I hope you start to feel better sooner rather than later, but believe me- it will happen!

Kayla xxx

LOL- STAY AWAY FROM MEDICAL WEBSITES.

Seriously. Chances are that the majority of any discomfort you are feeling is due to anxiety- or other things you have mentioned, such as quitting smoking and starting antianxiety meds. However, if you type in your symptoms into a medical database, it's going to tell you that your anus is going to turn inside out, your spleen is going to magically eject itself from your body, etc- in other words, that you are grievously ill. It will mention all the things it 'might' be- but unfortunately the internet cannot account for severity of the symptoms, and the fact that you KNOW the reason you are likely feeling crappy.

If you know about your anxiety issues, and that your body is likely messed up for other reasons (meds, cycle off track, etc.), don't let yourself get caught up with what any website says. If anything, it will make you start experiencing symptoms that aren't there because you are convinced that you have some illness- the mind if a powerful thing, if you think you are sick with something specific because of something you read, it will convice your body to act accordingly.

The best rule of thumb would be, in my opinion, to not rely on the internet to be your doctor. If you feel sick enough to think it's something serious, and not just the 'same ole same ole' in terms of anxiety etc, then head to the doctors. They will be able to determine if there is something wrong- or not. They would likely be able to give you a definitive answer, and won't make you more anxious by giving you a list of all the things it 'could' be without telling you what it really is.

It's good that you can pinpoint exactly why you feel nauseous a lot (as per your list above). The next time you are seriously anxious and think you are 'sick' with something, remember that list, as the reason is likely found within that.

Congrats on the quitting smoking and soda! The short term effects of this may suck, but in the longterm, you will feel a lot better.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To me it sounds like you are doing many things to help your body become more healthy- Maybe you are detoxing. Anytime we quit something yukkie, our bodies go through a period of detoxification and the side effects can be extremely gross feeling, but the long term benefits are worth it.
    Anxiety is also a biggie. I am sure that your body is working double time (without the cigarettes) to maintain relaxation. I remember- I've been there. Try to find alternative ways of getting rid of some of the negative energy. Walk-work out-yoga, etc.
    But seriously, just cutting the sugar in the soda and the cigarettes could be really just putting your body through a moment of hell. But in a couple weeks when it's all out of your system it will be OH So freaking worth it.
    Hang in there- and yes.. Stop looking up symptoms on the internet. I am sure that each of us could find some kind of disease that it sounds like we have although we don't actually have it. I know this because I do it to. Although I am trying to stop! lol! Hang in there. You will feel better soon- I am certain.

\"This too shall pass\"

LOL thanks everyone!! The medical website thing my counselor says is part of my OCD! ACK I know I gotta quit doing it!! LOL I guess I had to pick up another bad habit after quitting a bad habit....*wink*

Anyway, I'm feeling a little better as in not SO anxious but I still wake up sore, headache, things like that.....but I am really trying to get healthy!!!

Thanks for all your kind words!! LOL and I'll try and stay away from mayoclinic.com and webmd.....[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

it could be because u have started these new meds,they can make u feel out of sync for the first 2-4weeks,just go with it if u can and i'm sure the symptons will ease off,also coming off cigs will def make u feel strange i know alot of people that have felt N* from stopping and of course its your bodies way of detoxing,please stay strong as u know in the long wrong this will benifit u and make u alot healthier,good on u girl for giving up,i've never had an addiction to anything like cigs or alcohol but my father was an alcoholic for 45yrs and i admire or respect anyone who comes off a substance how easy or difficult it is...keep us up 2 date with how its going,and i'm sure the aniexty and N* will ease off soon and u will c a big difference and benifit from it

take care vicky xx