Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Why is it, that just when you think you're getting a handle on this emet, coping ok, something happens to send you crashing? My 5 year old daughter has just woken, crying alot and clutching her stomach. I couldn't get much sense out of her as she was still sleepy but she seemed in a lot of pain. I asked if she felt sick and she said yes, but nothing happened. The crying lasted about 10 mins and she is now back to sleep. So what on earth was that? Is she ill?Was it a dream?

Whatever, I'm alone, I'm shaking and it's going to be a looooonnnnnggggg night!

What disappoints me is that I've been worrying far less about the kids getting ill recently, then as soon as I think it's going to happen, I'm a mess again[img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

Oh that is scary. I will keep my fingers crossed that she is okay and just had a scary dream or something. My daughter has done that before, infact she did it a lot around the age of 5. It used to scare me so much, too. But I can honestly tell you that as often as we had similar things happen, she never got sick during an episode like that. Keep us posted and try to get some rest.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Aww suze, I am sorry you are having to go through this. I know how scary it can be to be home alone and have this happen. I have been better myself about not worrying so much, but boy oh boy, when someone does fall ill at my house, I fall to pieces!!!! I hope that this was just a bad dream with your daughter. Whatever happens, I know you are strong and you will get through this, please do keep us posted!

Hi there!!

I'm so sorry you feel so panicked--i know how it feels to hear your child screaming in the middle of the night (and to think the worst!!).
    It could very well be she had a nightmare or something, and when you asked her if she felt ill she really wasn't understanding what you were saying. My own son does this on occasion and I react the exact same way. I know when I'm half asleep I make no sense--I've had people tell me I've held conversations with them about strange and bizarre things, but I never remembered doing it in the morning.
    Try to relax a bit (I know, much easier said than done!) and lie down and rest if you can.
    I'll be hoping for the best!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay. Whatever happens, I know you can handle it!

I hope your daughter is feeling better now and you are o.k. too. I know exactly how horrible it is to be on your own when your children are unwell. I hope all is well by now.

how is she doing ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hope she is ok now, Suze. If she is, maybe it was night terrors. Five isn't too old for them.Horrible for us mums to watch, and yet they never remember a thing!

Thank you all so much for your words of support, they mean alot. Well, thankfully nothing happened, and I managed to drift off into a restless sleep about 2am! I can only put it down to a nightmare or a night terror, as she was pretty distressed at the time. She woke up this morning, happy and hungry, with no recollection of the night's events! Very different to me - I woke up grumpy and churned!

I'm disappointed that I reacted the way I did as I really felt that I was getting better. I think the problem was not knowing IF it was going to happen. Had she have thrown up, Iwould have just got on with it....it's the wondering that screws my head up.

Anyway, thank you all again, it's comforting to know you all understand.

And Shiva...your wedding photos were beautiful!

Im glad it turned out to be nothing. Well, Im not happy that she woke up scared and shaken about something, but Im glad she is not sick.