Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi All

Hope everyones well. Today i had a small triumph although it may not sound like much to others. Last night my friend from uni said she had been ill all weekend with a flu thing but said she'd be ok for today. This morning i txt her and she had been up al night v* She's someone who NEVER EVER gets ill. Although just now she is quitting smoking so she's had a cough and stuff, think your immune system can be really low when you stop smoking. She hasn't been eating very well either recenty. Anyway, she decided not to go in today, thank god. Anyway, i was left wondering wether i should just leave it too, was scared of the prospect of going into uni if there's a bug going around. I stared to panic this morning. I have also never driven to uni with just me in the car, my friend has always been there. Was very easy for me to just say, nah i'll leave it today. BUT, i didn't say that, i don't like missing lectures cause it makes things more difficult for exams etc so i drove in... all by myself and my other uni friend wasn't there either today so i was on my own, but i was fine and i drove back fine. Told you all it was just a small thing but driving along the by-pass myself i had always worried about it befor.

Anyway, guess i'll be tested again when my friend decides to come back to uni[img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img] I'm a bit worried about that incase i catch it or she's ill at uni...or in my car [img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img] Anyways, just thought i'd share that with you as sometimes it's nice to hear about other peoples small triumphs.

Katie

Hey that's awesome. You did great for going when you could have just done the easy thing and stay home... Well done hun you should be proud! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kayla

well done ! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!

Great job!! What may seem like little things to others or non-emets are huge deals for us, so you should be proud of yourself!! It's the smaller steps that hardest for me to take sometimes, and it is wonderful to hear about others like me pushing forward.
    Well done!!

that's great
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

well, thought i'd letyou now that i saw my friend from uni yesterday, picked her up at the usual place to take her in. She was ok yesterday but not 100% better. She was getting very tired very easily. I thought i was going to have a panic attack when i first went to pick her up, my heart was going really fast and my mouth was dry but once she sat down and started talking normally i was ok. I managed to calmmyself down. Though she must have noticed i wasn't 100% comfortable. Anyway, i think taking her to uni and back in the car was a triumph again for me. I even put sick bags in the front of the car incase she was... i came prepared. Anyway, thannks for all your replies.

Katie