Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My daughter has been quiet all day, but was still eating and said she was fine. Then about an hour ago she started complaining of a tummy ache. It is unusual for her to complain of a tummy ache, so when she does it always makes me panic. She is lying on the settee at the moment looking very pale. I am really hoping she is not starting with anything nasty. She says that other than her tummy aching she is fine. I get so annoyed with myself for panicking, but as soon as I hear the words"tummy ache" I can feel my heart beating faster and my own tummy hurting. We have had such a nice few days and I was feeling quite relaxed until an hour ago. I don't like being on my own with my children when they are ill.I don't even know that she is ill, she may just have a little bit of indigestion, but I am already in a state. Why do I panic so much even before anything has actually happened?

I'm sorry this is happening. I know what you mean about the panic when your child feels ill. I hope it is just a bit of indigestion, and she soon feels better!

i know how u feel i dread it when the kids get ill and im on my own with them ... there could be a number of reasons she has tummy ache

keep her drinking water and see how she goes

hopefully all will be well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Sally, I do the exact same thing you do when I hear those words.....my daughter will even go tell Dad because she knows....Hope she is o.k. Just go slow with the food for awhile in case. Let me know..</font>

Curly Wurly, my sympathies are with you! I am also on my own this week and my two boys have both v*d, although neither time was an sv*. (the oldest had a cold and coughed too much and the youngest got bath water in his mouth!) It is so scary to be alone with them. I hope your daughter is feeling better - maybe it's constipation or something like that?

Hi there!

I know exactly how you feel--last year my son ALWAYS seemed to have tummy aches and it put me in a constant state of panic. I can honestly say he never v*ed from them, but I still don't know what caused them to be so frequent.
    I think just like us kids can get tummy upsets from time to time and have it not be a virus or anything. They can eat something disagreeable, be overtired, coughing too much, stressed and so forth. Just keep an eye on her for a bit and have her rest--also her tummy probably needs to rest too so if she does eat I'd make sure it was very light.
    Hope she feels better soon!

How is she now? I really feel for you at the moment, and can empathise fully. I know you know how kids can get at times, especially with tummy aches, but it doesn't stop us thinking the worst. My daughter gets indigestion quite frequently and has gripey pains, but it usually passes.

Anyway, I know there's not much I can say, but I'm really hoping she's better by the time you read this. And remember, we're all here for support.

Hi curly, I hope your daughter is feeling better now and you are both OK.

Laney xx

Thankyou everyone for your replies. I think my daughter is alright now, though she was quiet until bedtime which is very unusual. I think she may have just been extra tired as we were all woken last night by a thunderstorm. Also, my MILhas been very unpleasant to me today. She hadjust phoned before my daughter complained of having tummy ache. I try and hide whatmy MIL has said, but my daughter picks up on it sometimes. Maybe this had upset her.Idon't suppose I will ever know what caused it. My daughter did not eat any tea, but said her tummy felt better by bedtime, so hopefully she will be fine by tomorrow. I suppose I will spend half of the night worrying though. Thankyou once again everyonefor all your support.