Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: what do you feel the % chance is:

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5% or below

10 31.25%
  • 6-10%

3 9.38%
  • 11-30%

0 0%
  • 31-40%

1 3.13%
  • 41-50%

1 3.13%
  • 51-60%

6 18.75%
  • 61-70%

0 0%
  • 71-80%

2 6.25%
  • 81-90%

8 25.00%
  • guaranteed you will v* again

1 3.13%

we all know that it would be virtually impossible to go through life with no cases of stomach irritation, viruses, and some degree of food intollerance, and a bought of nausea here and there. However, what do you feelthe odds are, keeping in mind technological progression, new vaccines, new drugs ect.

I try not to cater to this mentality. I would prefer deal with the natural act of vomiting than to spend the rest of my life trying to avoid it. That being said I marked 81-90% chance that I will vomit again in my life.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Well, it would be nice to never v* again, but it would be better to go through life not consumed with thoughts of "what if I v*?", and have them replaced by "well so what if I v*?" then you don't have to even worry about if you will or won't get sick ever again because it won't matter to you. I bet tho its pretty sure that someday I will get sick again.

Hi there!

I agree with Shiva--i hope to (will!!) eventually get to a point where I am somewhat comfortable with v*ing and not jumping through hoops not to do it. At times this phobia can be exhausting!!
    Still, I marked the lowest chance I would ever do it again. Wishful thinking on my part!!!Edited by: christianne

I said 5% or below chance of never vomiting again... Because I think it's VERY probable that I will vomit at some point- even if it's when I'm old and dying or whatever. There's food poisoning, sunstroke, sv- and even if we're as hygenic as possible, how could we control the unknown?

Of course there is asmall chance I won't which would be great! Imagine going through life knowing you wouldn't do it ever again and could control it... We'd be so much calmer! But being realistic I have to say I've just accepted it as an inevitability, even though I'm not prone to doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    I try not to cater to this mentality. I would prefer deal with the natural act of vomiting than to spend the rest of my life trying to avoid it. That being said I marked 81-90% chance that I will vomit again in my life.

Right on Shiva!

I'm not gonna say what I put *knocks wood*

I said 51-60 cause I think it's really a coin toss when it comes down to it, but who knows? I could be wrong.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

so i am 25 now and to say that i will NEVER v* again is kind of ridiculous.. and not to realistic. I put 80-90% i will v* again someday.. cuz it will happen.. i am pretty sure.

I just dont really wanna think about when..
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

^^^^^

exactly. There's no way to be able to tell. Besides, this may sound totally un-imaginable but by the time we're all very old and wrinkled, sitting in our wheel-chairs (I know, HORRIBLE thought...as I uhh also fear getting older, even though I'm so young) will we still have emetophobia? who knows, we might not. therefore, it wouldn't necesserily bug us to v*

Yea I agree...to never do it again would be nice but it's almost a part of life. When it happens, as scary as it is, it's helping a person get rid of something that's not right in their body so it has to be accepted. (lol my mom told me this when i was freaking out one day)

Post deleted because I voted wrong. *sigh*Edited by: marieb73

V* isn't something you <b>have</b> to do, as yor body will get it out another way, its just an unwanted symptom that happens. Its not dangerous not to v*, just sometimes it can make you feel better, theres really no say if you will ever v* again in your life, as you don't know.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow that's weird... So far most people think they have a reallybig chance of NEVER vomiting again. But from the comments it seems like most think theyWILL vomit again...?? WTF? Maybe some are doing it the opposite way around...?

Shiva, you voted the wrong way. The question asked the odds of you never vomiting again.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.