Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is pretty random, but for some reason i thought about this recently. I know I have lactose intollerance, and therefore, everytime i eat dairy, i have moderate to severe stomach cramps and diarhea.Recently I've been taking lactase pills so i dont get an upset stomachs as often. But i used to get diarhea and cramps very often. I'm wondering if it's possible that because of my lactose intolleracne, that my body became much more prone to diarhea when i get an upset stomach verses being prone to v*? So my natural responce to stomach indiscretion would be diarhea and not v*

Hello there!

I'm really not sure if being lactose-intolerant would make you less prone to anything, but then again I am not a doctor or scientist or anything. I do believe that there are certain people more prone to v*, for example if one member of a family catches a sv* and v*s, than another member who may not v* quite as often just gets d*. Yet they both have the same virus-- they just react differently to it. I know I've caught one sv* from my son, and he had it really bad (horrible, in fact!!). I came down with it 12 hours or so later and just had stomach cramps and d*.
    So, that said my opinion is no, that there's probably no link in between being lactose-intolerant and less v*ing.
    I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but it's kind of a tough question!!
    Take care!!

if you r lactose intollerant why eat dairy??? i dont any more and i
    am..no dairy at all...there are so many other options...why feel sick
    al the time??? plus now im allergic to it since its been so long since
    ive had it...if you body cant digest it do you think you shoudl eat it?
    thats what i think so im kinda a hippy and say nope no dairy for
    me
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.