Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

ok so im jus starting to realize that this problem that ive had for forever is
    an actual problem. i would jus call it a slight phobia and ive dealt with
    it for as long as i can remember, in own way. i had a pretty good way of
    hiding it...and i was ok with hiding it. it was never hurting me and i wasnt
    skipping meals or not eating certain things because of the fear of gettin sick
    and as long as i wasnt doin anything extreme...i was good. but i dont want
    to get worse. i wanna tell my mom about this, but i have a history of blowin
    things out of porportions. i complain whenever i get a new pimple or split
    ends lol..but i kno for a fact that this is nothin like that ive had for this for as
    long as i can remember. but i dont think she'll take me seriously.

Hey welcome to the site!

You could tell your mum you want to talk to her about something, and she needs to take it seriously. Then show this site to her. Here's a link to an info article you can show her from the treatments thread, it's for therapists and families etc. I'm not sure ifthe link willwork [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img](I'mnot goodwith computers) lol

http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=1925&am p;PN=1

Also show her some of the posts on this site- maybe she'll realise some of the things people say sound like how you feel alot of the time.

I hope that helps!

Kayla xxx