Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've thought about it, and I think now what freaks me out the most about being sick is the awful anticipation before hand. I think the worst part is the right before where you feel so horrible you dont want to move. Urgh. Of course the being sick part freaks me out some too, but I think its more just the knowing it could happen but when is it just going to happen?
    I also get freaked most if I feel nauseas (I mean like verge of real v* nauseas) away from home, either visiting someone elses place or being at work, because I would just have to go home, I couldn't just go through the day being ill. I don't know how people do it? How do non emets just v* and stay at work for hours when they feel like dirt and it doesn't phase them too bad? HOW?!? (sorry its just amazes me how they do it).

Edited by: Galadriel

Your not alone on that question! My boyfriend is one of those people who can get sick a million times and one day and it wont even phase him! I don't know how he does it! I don't mind v* myself so much as I do other people, but I try to avoid it at all costs. And it's not so much the actualy v* that I hate, it's, as u said, the way u feel before hand!!! The n* is just so terrible and overwhelming!! ewww just thinking about it makes me n*!!!

Man I envy your bf tootpla! Can he just v* and go about his day like its nothing? Man for me the nausea is like crippling. I just feel so horrible I dont want to move, I think that may be the worst part of it (tho the v* is pretty rough too), just the feeling so sick and trying to keep from v*ing. I just clench my jaw half the time and will it to stay put!
    How does your bf deal with the horrible nausea? I mean to me its the worst feeling in the world, but maybe it just doesnt affect him like that?

Wow its amazing people can do that, my friend who got ill about 2 years ago was talking to me on msn and said she hadn't felt very well, so i sat online talking to her and she asked me to hang on, so i did, then about 10 mintues later she came back and said she had v*, and was still in a happy mood?? lol and she goes "i feel so much better now!" and i was like how??!?! lol. Then she went and got breakfast..i really don't know how people do it, but it can be done.

I find the worse bit, is the build up also, or the acctull doing it, normally after im fine and try to be as calm as possible, but i think it varys in different people.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm with you guys- the build up's the worst! I hate after as well though- I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but afterwards I get really cold and panicky and kinda emotionally empty, even though i feel better nauseous-wise.I guess it's from the huge build up and then being like 'yay i'm doing it and it's not that bad' to letting the panic settle right back in. Can anyone else relate to that?? It's just the lowest feeling. I'm glad I haven't done it in so long!

Kayla

OMG....I don't know how ANYONE could V* then go about their day!!!

My brother says that he always feels better after he does it! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]BUT HOW CAN YOU DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!???

I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Yeah my mom would be like "oh you'll feel better after you do it", and my bro and dad are like "yeah you feel better after" and man I'm thinking "I have hardly ever felt better after!!" Actually I finally did feel better after, the last time I got an sv, but then it comes right back and I have to do it again, but that is an sv. I think its because I've only ever gotten sick with svs, and while you may feel better for about 10 min, it comes back again. They must be talking about times where you just ate too much or whatever and v*, but I've never had those experiences.

When I get a sv, I usually only v* once (knock on wood) and I actually do feel better stomach wise afterwards. But like glitta fairy said, afterwards I feel worse psychologically. I feel like even though I did my best to fight the n*, I ended up getting sick anyways and that I'm powerless over it. Then I start worrying about whether or not I'll get sick again. And a weird part of me mourns the loss of my v* free record, as in it has been such and such time since I've v*ed, just like on the black and white cookie episode of Seinfeld.
    life is too serious to be taken seriously