Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Gas?

Well yet again I havent hardly gotten sleep due to being up half the nite with my guts hurting and feeling n*. I am pretty sure its gas, my stupid intestines keep feeling like they are "pinging" which is probably gas bubbles popping. Ugh. So anyway yeah I just feel all bloated and my stomach is nauseas too now to top it off. Man I just wanna sleep nice for a couple nites in a row sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    Man I just wanna sleep nice for a couple nites in a row sometime.

You and me both! Have you ever tried keeping a log of what you eat and then comparing it to how your symptoms and their timing? Maybe you are lactose intolerant or gluten sensitive? Maybe you are eating foods with too much MSG or other additives? Too much insoluble fiber?

If you can find a good fluff book to read, recline a little on the couch or in bed and read until you fall asleep....you'll be out before you know it and you won't be focused on your gut.

i wish i could sleep more than one night in two months all night long,
    but that doesnt happen...either im n* or its gas, or tummyache or n*
    hunger. i hate it. this is when i break down and just cry because im so
    made that im so weak and cant fight this stupid emets. grrr i hope your
    feeling better
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Marie and Ruby,
    I know its so frustrating sometimes. I go through cycles where I'll sleep good most nights of the week, then other times for weeks I'll be lucky to get 2-3 full nights of sleep, the rest being nights with stomach aches and such.

I think its because my eating has been really screwed up, I haven't eaten much at all this past week as its just been real stressful, and yesterday I ate a good full meal and my guts were probably just like "whoa food!" So I think that is what it was. I know its just hard sometimes because I dont like to eat much before work incase I'd feel sick there, and so then my eating gets off track and then its just a mess.

I think I'm getting into one of those awful not eating much cycles again. Dang it. I have to go to work here and I just feel like a limp rag doll. It just sucks because I know I haven't eaten much, but then when I do eat again my guts cramp and hurt and my intestines too and I know logically its just because I havent been eating much, but its hard to just make myself eat more, especially knowing I have to be at work and "perform". Maybe if I just start with easier things that will help. Sometimes tho when I do eat and it goes ok then I get overconfident and eat something I maybe shouldn't have and it throws me right back again into the cycle.