Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It's my stomach, but I'm not worrying about a sv. For the past couple of days I have had some cramping in my lower stomach and I was thinking maybe my period was coming, but it doesn't really feel like those types of cramps. It now hurts around and over the top of my right hip too and into my back. It's also kind of tender to the touch. Not really bad, but when I hold Kayla up so she can stand on my lap, if her feet are onmy stomach and not my hip bones or legs it hurts (not really bad, more like if it were bruised). It isn't constant either. It seems to be worse in the mornings and fade throughout the day, but then it's back the next morning. What do you think it is? Should I call the doctor? I still haven't had a period since Kayla was born (I'm not breastfeeding). There have been times I wondered if I was pregnant, but I never cramped like this last time. Horrible things keep popping into my mind about what it could be. It's not bad enough to go to the emergency room or anything, and I would feel really stupid if I went in and they told me my period was going to start. But I get nervous about the bad possibilites. What do you think I should do?

Oh, and I do have IBS and this is not IBS cramping either. It really hasn't affected that "stuff." It doesn't really feel intestinal.

Could it be your bladder? I get like that if i've been holding pee in for too long (sorry tmi lol) which could be why you get it in the mornings after not going to the bathroom during the night. Then again it could just be your body preparing to get your period... But maybe you should get a preg test just in case [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

Good luck- I hope the feeling goes away soon![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kayla

PS- you chose a great name for your baby girl! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]lolEdited by: glitta_fairy

Hey-I think that you should run this by your doctor. After my first daughter was born, I ended up having a cyst on one of my ovaries that ended up having to be removed when my daughter was 8 months old. Not that I am saying that is what is going on with you, but I do think you need to be checked out .......... and if you are pregnant, you need a definate answer on that too. After my last baby was born, I didnt have a period til she was 12 weeks old. That in itself is not too odd from what my OB said. Let us know what you find out if you call or go to the doctor.

I was just at the OB on Monday and he told me that it can take up to 6 months to get your period back after having a baby. But, my husband and I have had a few instances where we weren't very careful, so pregnancy is a possibility. I was going to give it a few more days and test if my period doesn't show up. My sister had an ovarian cyst too - I should ask her how hers felt. Maybe that is what it is.

I've wondered if it could be bladder related. I had a kidney stone at the beginning of the month and I don't think it ever completely passed. I wonder if it is stuck somewhere either going into or coming out of my bladder. I have a urologist appointment next Wednesday, so maybe she will be able to tell me what's going on. I'm able to pee fine, its not like its blocked or anything, but it doesn't hurt a little when I do sometimes (another symptom of kidney stones for me).

Kayla is a nice name, isn't it[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. Actually, it was my husband that chose it, but I do really like it!

There are so many things it could be... Kidney stone? Constipation? Luteal cyst? Tubal pregnancy? I would go see the doctor and ask what they think is going on. I get something like you are describing and they found that I am having cysts grow and burst every month around ovulation. It's especially terrible when I get constipated on top of it. It took me about a year to get used to the feeling and realize that it was the feeling that I was having. But there are probably a thousand things that pain there could possibly be- I wouldn't risk it. Get checked out.

\"This too shall pass\"