Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, just got back from the doctors. I have a UTI and he prescribed me Septra (sp?). I've never taken it or any other Sulpha drug and dummy that I am I asked the pharmasist about side effects! Yeah you guessed it, n and v are POSSIBLE but not necessarily gonna happen. While I was waiting I looked in one of the pill books and it says the same for the other 2 antibiotics I've ever taken in my life so ... I try to remember this. Still any one else who has taken it would help.

Currently I feel a little n (nerves) and like I'm gonna have to use the bathroom and a little headachy. Haven't taken it yet. So I'm writing this so I can look back and realize I felt this W/O having taken it hehe. Ah the emet mind.

Any input is appreciated. I think I will start it this evening since its 2 x's a day so ... I will check back before then. Thanks in advance guys!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I know exactly what your going through! I was prescribed Sinemet for my Restless Leg Syndrome, and I took it one night and was so n* that I couldn't stand it! I haven't taken it since! I would much rather live with the RLS then be n*. But a UTI is serious and needs to be cleared up so I dont think you really have a choice! lol. Just try to remember that this medication is only temporary and the n* will only last a few days!!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thanks!

I just looked in my Moms pill book and my normal antibiotic doesn't have it as most common effect. I'm ready to cry! I told him I'm uncomfortable w/ things I've never taken before and prefer Amoxicillan but he says it doesn't work for this which is BULL because I had one 4 yrs ago and Amox. worked so ... WHATEVER! I hate this stupid phobia and am so frustrated and scared!
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

aww i know what you mean...i hate taking medicine...its so scary. did you take it yet? you know it will make you feel better

I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have taken septra before. I would just eat really well before you take it. I didnt get sick at all. dont worry. but take it as it is prescribed because u dont want to get a severe kidney infection

Thanks guys. I actually tlaked to my Mom who said alot of ppl in my family are allergic so I called the doc and lied and said i'm allergic and he is suppsoed to call something else in. He hasn't today tho so hopefully tomorrow. Sure I will be back to whine then lol. Thanks again!
    Benjamin Franklin

Okay please don't take this the wrong way but as someone who is actually allergic to an antibiotic, I have to say I don't really like the idea of you lying about having an allergy when you don't.

There are a lot of reasons why he might not have given you amoxicillin. A lot of people have, or develop allergies to it. It happened to me. I could take amoxicillin when I was very young, but as I got older I started having allergic reactions to penicillin and penicillin derivatives.
    Also, antibiotic resistant bacteria is on the rise and since penicillin is the oldest antibiotic alot of bugs are resistant to it, so that might have been his motive for not giving it to you.

chicajojobe how did you know you were having an allergic reaction to it??? by the way im sorry that is icky.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was about 8 when it started happening. I had some infection. Sinusitis, I think. I don't really remember.

But I broke out in hives, so my parents took me back to the doctor and he confirmed that it was an allergic reaction. He gave me a different antibiotic, and the hives (and the infection) went away.

I think it's a hereditary thing because my brother developed the same allergy a few years after me, and my father has it, and he told me that his father had it too.

My point in saying that it wasn't a good idea to lie about being allergic is because an allergy to a drug is a real health concern. I haven't had a life threatening reaction ever, but what if I were ever given a massive dosage who knows?
    Some people with severe drug allergies wear medic alert bracelets, but since mine is mild I just tape a note to my insurance card.

Edited by: chicajojobe

I didn't mean to offend you chicajojobe. Lying was probably not right. However, most of my (blood related) family IS allergic to sulpha drugs and in my mind that makes it more likely I am too. I'd rather not chance it. I knew my family was allergic to some kind and couldn't remember when he was telling me but then I talked to my Mom later and she said it was sulpha drugs. I won't pretend that I wanted to take it anyhow, I was in a state of freak out and then hearing it is the one everybody else is allergic to that was it for me, there was no way I was trying it. So, I'm sorry if i offended you by lying about it.
    Benjamin Franklin

I see. Well I suppose I can understand that. And if you have a strong history of allergy then you might be at high risk for having one yourself.