Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Rotovirus

I wonder how you know if that is for SURE what your child has when they are sick? I remember Alvin saying you will NOT V* if you catch this from your kids, so I just wonder how you know the difference, I guess you probably can't, huh?

I am starting to freak out because I belong to a "mom's message board" and two of the babies have had a SV already! I really don't like this time of year!

You would have to take her poop in and get tested for the virus...try not to worry until something actually happens
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120
    You would have to take her poop in and get tested for the virus...try not to worry until something actually happens

Ohh ok, thank you!

It hard not to worry when she can't tell me something is bothering her, so I tend to think about it a lot! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Yeah you have to get a culture of the stool. from my experience with rotovirus. ( I see it alot this time of year) the stool is a yellowish green color and it has a distinct ( aweful, not like normal poop) smell. some kids dont v* from roto either

Hi there!!

I've also read somewhere (CDC, maybe???) that almost all children have been infected with rotavirus in one way or another by age 3 . I know my niece had it once when my sister brought her up to visit (lovely, isn't it??) and my son got it as well. My sister's daughter ended up being hospitalized with it, but my son only v*ed once and had the most horrifying d* I've ever seen!!
    Yes, I have to agree that you can tell it's rotavirus from the d*--it is distinct and awful!
    Still, the only true way to tell is to bring them into the doctor for a stool sample.
    I dread this time of year too!!!!Edited by: christianne