Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I am curious..

When was the last time you got sick? I am curious because I read on the internet somewhere that people with Emet can go YEARS without V*ing....I personally haven't since I was 13, so that was 13 years ago..I give ALL the praise and thanks to the Lord!

Sorry I am so full of questions, I guess that's part of being a newbie?[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hi!!!

I am 39, and haven't v* in 16 years!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl

Hi!!!

I am 39, and haven't v* in 16 years!!

Oh wow! Good for yo u!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]So there is hope to go even longer! YAY!

Over 30 years for me...
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, welcome![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], um well mine was this year in march[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]but that was my own fault, but before that then 3 years.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1
    Over 30 years for me...

Oh wow! How did you manage that?![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by xroofusx
    Hey, welcome![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], um well mine was this year in march[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]but that was my own fault, but before that then 3 years.

Ruth x

Thank you! I hope you have a looooong time before you do again!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Only 14 months for me! But I only usually v* if it's an sv* (which the last time was!) I can control it pretty well any other time. Unlike most of the other luckier people here, I v* every year or two.

i havent since 2 years ago.

im hoping to keep it going; for as long as you guys have !

30 years, wow.

last time i v* i got sick from food posioning.
    <font color=MAGENTA>You could\'ve told me why you had to go.
    I tried to tell myself==&gt; Just let him go.
    But I see your face ..
    It\'s everywhere I go.
    &lt;/3

</font>

<font size=\"4\">Rachel</font>

Hmmm..I am 23 now and I was in the 4th grade the last time I v*ed...so however old you are in the 4th grade! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

In December, it will be 19 years. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

The last time I did was in april this year and in march before that. I got two sv* back to back. it was horrible but hopefully I will go a while without doing it again

23 years!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

--Kim

And welcome..

It will be13 years for me this coming Christmas since I actually v*ed. *KNOCK ON WOOD* I had some kind of stomach issue 6 years ago and I dry heaved, which is just as scary for me as v*ing.

Welcome!!

Almost 22 years here!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Almost 25 years for me!

7 yrs here

20 years for me

I was in the 4th grade, so I think I was 9 or 10. So about 18 years. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

I v* about a month ago because my boyfriend have me his sv*. But it wasn't alot, it was mostly just saliva and regurgitation. But the last time I REALLY v* was almost 2 years ago in March. Edited by: sage

Hey Tootpla,

Sorry, but I edited your post, removed the graphic stuff and started another topic. Someone pm'd me and complained that they don't want to find "surprise" graphic posts in a thread that looked otherwise harmless. I can see their reasoning. And since we may all do this without really thinking, and meaning no harm, let's all be a little sensitive about posting graphic stuff (even if we put a warning, which is much appreciated) in sort of "benign" threads. We don't want to scare people away from reading what they think will be safe.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I think I was in 4th or 5th grade.. so probably around 9 or 10.. I'm 18 now. so I'm saying probably at least 8 years. *knocks on wood*

Hello there!!
    I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time I v*ed---I really can't!! I'm sure I did when I was very young, and I'm 31 now, so my guess will be......20-25 years give or take.
    Knock on wood!!!!