Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: apple cider

Man can apple cider screw with your guts? My intestines feel like they have thunder rumbling through them now, cause I just drank a pretty tall glass of the stuff. Ergh![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Did it have anything in it besides apple juice, like any spices or anything? THat could have done it. Or if you don't drink a lot of apple juice normally, a tall glass could upset your guts.

Yeah I dont normally drink cider at all, or apple juice. I do eat apples sometimes tho. The thing is I also haven't really eaten much at all today, then got home late from work and ate some, and drank the cider, and it seems that would upset my guts. I remember one time I had a cold and my dad was like "just drink lots of apple juice" so I drank like half a jug and man I was paying for it later!

My daughter and my friend have the same reaction. They get stomach ache's and d* from apple juice. It was so unpleasant for them, they don't go near the stuff anymore.

I myself can't stand the tasste of it, and can just imagine what a tall glass of it can do if you don't normally drink it.

If I were you, I'd eat some bread or crackers, maybe it would soak up the cider in your stomach.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

omg im having that same problem...i drink apple juice once in a while,
    but i drank quite a lot before dinner...and that was a bad idea...Half
    way through my baked potatoes i started having cramps and gas pains and
    gas...and still three hours later im still having it. im so
    upset...i hate feeling sick. so i was laying down and almost asleep
    when this wave of horriable smelling gas started happening...which
    totally made me worried. Why does it smell so much???? It makes me
    think I'm sick. It hurts and there is too much pressure..will i be
    sick??? how do i make it stop hurting?? I think in time it will
    pass...but i dont know for sure. i ate some crackers and that
    potato...you can try it? Feel better hon.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey thanks for the replies. Yeah Ruby I hear you, I'm having the cramps and gas pains too, just waiting for it to turn to d*. Urgh stupid cider!! I can feel my intestine where it goes all the way around because its all bloated feelin and yuck. I bet it will pass, it just probably takes awhile for it to get through. I dont feel nauseas luckily tho.

I used to react this way when i was younger to apple juice and cider - just a small glass would give me terrible stomach cramps, not unlike the ones you get with trapped wind. Now I can drink cider with no problems and will often have several pints of it on a night out, it's one of my favourite drinks!

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

OMG I love appale cider. I usually drink a ton of it this time of year and then....well...yeah. I get a really bad gut reaction. I think maybe apples can make you gassy, even in juice form.

Drink some water and flush it out.

I get the exact same reaction, rumbling, grumbling, gas, cramps, and sometimes diarrhea. Even though I love cider, I only drinkit on rare occasions.

apples have aloyt of fiber in it. I tell my patients to drink apple juice when they are constipated. so it is probably gonna give you a good clean out lol

Oh I love apple cider. There's this one small apple house where we used to always get it from and it's so good. I've drank it for years without a problem, but I'm too scared to this year because it isn't pasturized.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who has that reaction to it lol. It stinks because I do like the stuff, its just the perfect fall beverage, that is until the gut rumbling starts![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

i get apple cider juice from trader joes..and it has spice it in, then
    we warm it up and drink it hot...its soooo good...but i like the
    sparkling kind too....but usually the carbination doesnt sit well with
    me but i dont drink alcohol so thats what i drink to celebrate

Are you feeling better???

Edited by: rubysoho120
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Uhg....I get that way too with apple juice/cider...I also get that way with Grape juice...anyone else have that problem?

I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

o wow I've gotten this reaction from apple cider before, it always makes me stress that I'm sick! Next time I drink apple cider, if I get the reaction, I will know it's normal. I hope you both feel better!