Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Argh! acid...

It's lke 3am here, and I just woke up because I've got acid in my throat and it's burning and REALLY sore. How do I get rid of it? I drank alot of juice so that might be why I got it, but omg it's disgusting, and makes me feel really sick and just like I won't be able to sleep again tonight- so annoying. It's gone past heartburn into being burning hot in my throat. Can anyone help?

Kayla

do yo have any hot tea....chamomile will be best.....any antacids? If you go back to sleep.....sleep with a few pillows under ur head so you are not laying flat. It is 1:10pm my time in the states. I will check back time to time to see how you are

(((hugs))))

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for your reply [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I ate some toast and had some mylanta and it'snot as bad as it was, but whenever I lie down it comes back again. That's a good idea about the pillows, I'll try it and see if it helps. I feel bad because I woke my boyfriend up and he rubbed my back, and now he's gone back to sleep and I just want to wake him up again... But that's really selfish [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]and he's so tired. I hate being up alone when I feel gross!

I know how you feel this happens a lot in my house... to me and my
    bf...you have to take the ant aicds...and wait for it to "kick in"
    stick with water and toast was good too...sit up, dont lay down until
    it passes...maybe about half and hour or so. feel better hon
    I love Sam

I have had that problem before, and what works for me is Maalox, and sleeping propped up. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks guys [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I ended up staying up all night watching Sexand the City, because it just didn't go away no matter what I did! I got to sleep around 8am, and woke up at 1pm, so it's just lucky I didn't haveanything onuntil tonightlol

I'm about to eat again, but I can still feel it lurking! I don't know why this came on, and why the hell it won't go away! I feel like my throat's just going to burn off and start bleeding or something. Sorry for whining lol I just hate it...

Anyway, hopefully it'll go away soon- I really want to go shopping, but it keeps making me *this may be gross* burp up acid I think? Eww... Anyway thanks for the advice everyone I'll just keep on with the antacids...

xxx

Does this happen to you often? If so, you may want to talk to your doctor and see about getting on a prescription acid reducer. I hope you feel better!

Does that exist?! A few years ago a doctor told me I had acid reflux, but he didn't tell me I could actuallyDO anything about it... I have had it a few times in the last few weeks, but before that, not for a couple of years. Does anything in particular bring it on? I can't believe that doc let me think I had to just put up with it...!

Spicy foods, or foods with lots of acid can bring it on...tomatoes,
    orange juice, all citrus. spices like mexican food, pumpkin pie spices,
    anything, infact you should probably stay away from ginger..becausei t
    is spicy too...and they have all kinds of acid reducing medicine, that
    helps yous "buring and feels like its bleeding throat" because that is
    really bad for you, and the acid in those burps and eat away the lining
    of your esopocus. Go see a doctor and request medicine...you cna look
    it up on line too...acide reflux desiease. Hope you feel better
    I love Sam

Thanks Ruby, I'll look it up- I think I'll go to ANOTHER doc and ask what things are available to help it lol.It's been coming and going all day, but now that I want to go to bed it's comeback, and Ialready had an antacid.I drank alot of frozen orange juice yesterday so I think that might be why, but I can't wait to get rid of it. I'm going to go the doctor tomorrow. Thanks for the help everyone! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kayla