Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: women

I am having some spotting and I dont know why. I was on my cycle last monday. It lasted until thurs. I spotted till sunday. Then I spotted again on monday which is odd because I tookmy birth control pill on sunday night. Then out of nowhere on wed I spotted again. tmi( but it wasnt bright red or even red it was like a brownish color) then again thursday night. I dont know what is wrong I have been on the pill for 3 yrs and I never had this problem and I havent missed any. I feel kinda off too. like I just don't feel right. I took a pregnancy test on wed but it was negative. what do you think

It could just mean that the hormone dosage of your pill isn't working for you anymore. I know that when I was on Alesse, it worked great for awhile, and then I started to get spotting- the same as you, not bright red, just brownish. Went for my physical, and everything was completely normal. What the doc said was that the hormone level needed to be adjusted, so she switched me to Marvelon, which eliminated the problem right away. Your body can become accustomed to the hormone levels, and then needs a different dosage to do the same job.

Make an appointment w/ your doc and speak to him/her about it- if anything, they will be able to eliminate anything that it could be, and ease your mind.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you!! I took alesse for awhile too and it stopped working. I hate switching pills because it makes me so n*

a pill can stop working? seriously? I never knew this! is this common?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I don't know how common it is, but I do know several people who have had to switch pills because either their bodies became accustomed to the hormone levels and they needed an increase/change, or it started to have effects which were not desirable (weight gain, acne, etc.). There are so many different types of pills out there, that one not working doesn't mean they all won't. The key is finding one that will work with your system....for some people, it's not so cut and dry.

Don't worry- you would notice if something was awry. The most common signs are spotting, not getting withdrawal bleeding (you 'period') when you are taking the placebo, etc. When that type of thing starts to happen, its usually time for reassessment.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it could also mean you have a yeast infection. If you take the pill and
    get a yeast infection, irregular spotting is a common symptom.