Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: have you been diagnosed as a emet?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, by DR

0 0%
  • yes, by psyc

6 15.38%
  • no, by self

33 84.62%

Thread: diagnosed emet

i am have not been diagnosed....but have had this problem since i was 9

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i've kinda been diagnosed with it through my councellor. Also it was the doctor who refered me to him so he knew too.

Katie

my doctor does not really acknoledge it as emet in factneither diod the phsiciatrist i used to seei was told it was all anxiety fueled

i saw my doc and then i saw a phys who helped me

I guess by myself, I explained that I had a fear of v* to my first counseller who told me to go find the official name. (Which I did, on the internet, it's how I tracked this place down!)

I diagnosed myself. I knew that I feared vomit for a very long time, I just never knew the name until just recently

i diagnosed myself.. no drs around here have even heard of this phobia..
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

^^^^^^

are you serious?! Geez.... haha when I go to the doctor's next Friday for a physical, I'm gonna ask.... haha. He's cool so I'm guessing he'll know.

I don't think emetophobia is someting you need a doctor or psychiatrist or whatever to diagnose for you. It's pretty self-explanitory; are you morbidlyafraid of vomit/vomiting or not? I mean... we never hear of ppl going to the doctor just to get see if they can get diagnosed w/ arachnophobia do we?

I did it myself. I talk to my counselor about it but I can tell she doesn't know the specifics about it.

I know I have it tho...since the 4th grade [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I diagnosed myself a long tme ago, I first had emetaphobia when I was about 9 years old but didn't know the name till my teen years. I told a recent psychologist about it as a fear of v* and she took it upon herself to research it and discover the actual name of it without me telling her.

I did it myself, I mean it's obvious
    You only live once

I didn't need no doctor to diagnose me, I've know all my life since I was about 6 years old. It's pretty straight forward if you get loose when somebody starts to v, you got it. Whodini ain't got nothing on me!!!!