Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My grandmother is in a care facility, and it takes a lot for me to go visit her. I am very nervous about being around any kind of hospital setting. So I decided to challenge myself and went out to visit her yesterday. I wheeled her out to a patio area, and we sat outside enjoying the weather. Then another patient and her daughter came over to us, and stopped to talk. The woman was in a wheelchair, and had a vomit bag in her lap... IN HER LAP! I felt like I was going to faint, it was horrible. I closed my eyes and tried to get myself together. The woman was wheeled right up next to me, and it looked like there was actually something already in the bag. Oh my god, I felt like I was going to die. But I managed to breathe, and get myself together. I actually talked to the woman, and held her hand for a second. (she was showing me her ring) I didnt freak out! I acted like a normal person for once in my life. I even went into her room later, and said goodbye before I left. I was very proud of myself. Although, if something actually happened, Im sure it would be a different story. Ah well, baby steps.

--Kim

good job=) i wouldve flipped out & ran away. you handled the situation very well. & especially since you thought there was v* already in the bag, you handled it exeptionally well. =)

well done ! you did really well x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow!! That's great, I don't think I could have done what you did. Good job!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baby step? Try giant leap!

I like to think that I've made progress with emet, but I'm pretty darn certain I couldn't have done that! I would have moved away from her.

You should be very proud of yourself.

You handled it fantastically- you should definitely be proud of yourself

*amber*

Awesome accomplishment. Be very proud of yourself.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks everyone!

Good job...that is such a scary situation. Well done...keep up the good work
    I love Sam

That's wonderful, you should be very proud ^_^