Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

*CUSSING* I was fine all DANG day and I get to work this afternoon (I am only 30 minutes into my shift) and I have the shakes so bad! I don't know why! I never get the shakes so now I am FREAKING OUT!!!! I had a big glass of chocolate milk and some bacon for breakfast/lunch and I don't know why I am shaking! I can't hold my papers steady! I'm scared!! Is anyone out there??
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Hey there, did you have any caffine?

Lots of times when i get the shakes I think to what I ate/drank, then usually realize "oh wow that had caffine in it" and that is why I am jittery. Can't chocolate milk have caffine (in the chocolate)? If you aren't used to it this will happen. I bet it will pass, I am going to work here too in a minute and slightly nerved as usual. Urgh.

No I didn't have any caffiene today...maybe THAT"S my problem! LOL I am a little calmer now..I took .25mg of xanax and I seem to be calming down now...I usually only take it when I'm at work so I can get back on track! I just hate those feelings

Well could it be some withdrawal from no longer smoking? That very well could give you the shakes.

That's possible but I haven't had the shakes since I stopped smoking...just craving and headaches. It was really weird...I am ok now....just drowsy!

Glad you are feeling better. Is your job very stressful? Maybe that triggered it?

I get the shakes when I get hungry and my blood sugar level has dropped. I usually carry a fruit or cereal bar around with me in case I'm out and it happens. It can happen as little as four hours after lunch, so I make sure I try and have a snack between lunch and dinner.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I was just going to say the same as tcsarah, sometimes no matter even if you have eaten already, your blood sugar can drop and that results in you getting the shakes. Somedays I can go whole days not eating much and nothing happens and others it'll be a few hours after lunch and I need to eat again. It can change depending on your hormones and stress levels.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Yeah, It can definitely be blood sugar level dropping. That happened to me. I always have some pretzels around because it always helps me.