Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so it has been 27 days since I quit smoking.....well, I went out last night to my old hangout (a bowling alley) I needed to get out be be social....well, everyone around me was smoking, drinking, and bowling....

I was never much of a drinker but when I smoked I smoked A LOT and when I bowled, I bowleda lot....anyway, I had seen people I hadn't seen in what seems like forever, and I missed hanging out and being social and crap....

So tonight when I was at work all alone, I went outside and tried to smoke....I keep a pack in my purse JUST IN CASE....why? Not sure....anyway, it tasted icky and I didn't even inhale it....for those of you that smoke, you know what I mean...I didn't inhale it into my lungs, just into my mouth....only took like 2 puffs and put it out cause I was afraid it would make me sick....

ARGH!!! LOL I am so mad at myself for trying to smoke one but on the other hand when I was around all those people last night I felt out of place cause I have smoked since I was 17...I guess it's something that I gotta get used to!!

I wonder if I would have smoked the whole thing (and actually inhaled it) that it woulda made me sick...I never got sick off them when I started smoking but my emet wasn't bad at that time like it is now!! D'OH!!! Someone slap me and tell me to not give in!! ha ha!![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Hi there!!

First of all, don't be so hard on yourself--I mean, look how far you've made it! You've done better than most others that try to quit smoking. It is no easy task by ANY means, and just because you had one tiny little slip up doesn't mean you failed. You didn't really smoke it and you threw it away--I call that strength!!
    I know what you mean about keeping a pack of cigs in your purse---just in case. When I quit the last time, I did just that. For some reason I just felt way more comfortable and relaxed knowing they were there, even if I didn't intend to smoke them.
    It is so hard to go out socially and not smoke--many times after I quit I picked it back up again after meeting some friends at a bar for a couple drinks. It is a huge change, but you've come so far already and that alone is a triumph.
    So be proud of yourself for staying strong, because that's exactly what you did! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Good luck and keep it up!!

I am just quitting smoking myself...its been 2 days, not really craving a cig, cause I have a head cold. But I've been a smoker for 10 years about 1/2 pack-pack a day. Just keep with it, don't give up! 27 days is a long time, so don't fall back into it!!

Don't be hard on yourself, you have done so well! And look at the postive in this situation - you didn't inhale the ciggie! Don't give in - think of all the benefits you are getting from giving up. With the money you save from not buying the cigs, treat yourself to something nice on a regular basis!

Keep up the good work! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

woohoo 27 days!

i don't smoke, but i do know addictions are hard so congratulations on
    making it this far! and look at it this way: if it didn't taste good,
    then you shouldn't be craving them too often eh?

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin