Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When I got to work Saturday evening I noticed one of my co-workers looking a little down. I asked what was wrong and she said she had an sv, woke up v*ing at7 that morning. I didn't freak out right away because I was thinking about Alvin's words about just how these things are transmitted. She definitely thinks she got it from the Parents Club she is part of. Several of the members have kids who are sick and she had contact with them at their Friday Potluck lunch, plus she ate food prepared by one of the women whose kids are ill.

I started freaking out when I saw her head for the bathroom because we only have one bathroom for the women and one for the men. Not a large bathroom with multiple stalls either. One toilet, one sink. I tried to avoid the bathroom all night, but I wanted to wash my hands a few times and I finally had to use the toilet myself. I washed my hands really well, but I am still worried. I know she didn't get sick in the bathroom at work and she was eating on her break (nachos of all things - then she complained her stomach hurt!), but still I know I cannot guarantee that I was perfectly germ free. What are my chances of catching it from her?Edited by: marieb73

I hate when these things happen...Im sure you will be safe...after all
    your an emet but as long as you washed you hands and dont put them
    in your mouth i would say not to worry
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you'll be fine. The wway I think you'd get it would be if you went into the bathroom immediately after she v*'d in there. Other than that, if you washed your hands good and didn't touch the doorknob to open the door, I think you'll be OK.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hi there!!

I think you'll be fine as well......you washed your hands well and didn't come into direct contact with her. Besides, it sounds like she made a pretty quick recovery (nachos after v*ing?? Yuck!!).
    On another note, good job for not freaking out!! You should be proud of yourself!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies! I tried not to touch anything that she might have touched.

Hi Marie,

Alvin and I couldn't tell you what the odds are - statistics aren't really his thing - lol! It's hard to know because without lab tests you'll never know what she actually had or how she got it, or how much of it she was shedding, where or how (alas - so many variables!) As the others have said, just like every day of the year, practice good hygeine not only with hand-washing, but with avoiding putting your hands near your mouth,nose or eyes. And work on your anxiety - step by step. The less anxious you are, the less you'll worry about these things and the better you'll feel.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.