Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Tea??

I see that a lot of you sip tea when you feel n*...does this really work? If so what flavor of tea is it and where can I get it? at the local grocery store??? Thanks!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

i believe chamomile tea is the best for nausea. you can buy that anywhere at any grocery store. also if there is a tea with ginger in it that is supposed to help too but it has a much more bitter taste than chamomile so if you're already feeling slightly n* you might not want such a strong flavor. chamomile is very light tasting and if you add just a little bit of honey or sugar it tastes rather well. hopefully this helps!

Thank you!!!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

hmm. I didn't know tea helped that. I don't drink tea, but maybe nw I'll start.

Some of the tea thing is psychological probably and some is physical. Ginger helps n*, and chamomile is for relaxation so it might help n* caused by anxiety. Also tea is a comfort drink so it might help you clam down just because it's something comforting.

I love tea so I'd recommend it to anyone. Tea is good for you. It has antioxidants. Green tea has more than black tea, but I like black tea better so I try to drink a little of both.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Yeah I just drink normal black tea when I'm feeling sick... Or whenever I need a comfort drink really. It doesn't help my nausea, but it does help my anxiety, which is where my nausea comes from most of the time. I guess it helps because I love having tea when I'm relaxing at home, so drinking it reminds me of times when I've just been snuggled in bed with a good book or movie, doing absolutely nothing[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]If I feel sad or sick somehowit just makes mestart feeling better- I love it!

I heard that chamomile tea is good for tummies, and so is peppermint tea. I never tried those, but they're supposed to help alot.

What I have tried for bad period cramps, panic attacks, and n* is this: put one tea bag into hot water, then after it is dissolved, add either shavings of real ginger root or a few sprinkles of ground ginger spice. You will need to sip it slow because it's pretty powerful, but it works wonders.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I find peppermint tea helpful when my tummy is feeling offish. I can't drink chamomile tea thanks to my husband. He read somewhere that if you drank it whilst pregnant it would help relax you for the birth. He very kindly made me a cup of it, but put milk in it. When I complained about the taste he assured me he had made it to the instructions on the pack. He told me I had to drink it, if not for me, for our baby. Anyway, that night I had such bad tummy pains that I thought I had gone into early labour and since then I cringe at the thought of chamomile tea.