Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just want to know if some other people are like me. I don't drink alcohol to don't feel sick, never experimented any drugs becuase i'm too afraid of v******...What other... I Never go on roller coasters or things like that even if i was crazy about that when i was a little girl ... I never go out of home without a full box of anti-emet and a bottle of water.... When i feel a bit sick, i stop everything and i can't do anything except go on the pc and try to calm down or watching tv, to try to forget.... I don't go in camping because i'm too afraid to get some virus of infection.... I'm washing my hand about 100 times per day... And my boyfriend is policeman and always see a lot of different people everyday. I,m always afraid that he come back to home sick and give me the illness.... Am i alone like that?

you are certainly not alone in that. I dont do any of the things you mentioned. I dont drink (althuogh I'm not meant to!) I dont go on rollercoasters, in large crouds of people, and get really nervous when I'm not at home. I dont have any anti emets but I want to get some, although I would use them too often and rely on them too much I think.I alos wash my hads alot. Not obsessivly but If I know I've touched soemthing that has been touched with dirty hands I will either touch it with a tissue or have to wash my hands after.

You are not alone with this, infact I'm sure most emts go through all those things you have mentioned

no way r u alone with all that.

us emets all have "tell-tale signs" like that, which we share.

some more of mine are, checking the dates of all foods,and smelling before i use it. not going out to ne place where v*ing is likely.. e.t.c e.t.c i cud go on for ages and ages.

but ur not alone, dont worry, u have no need to feel crazy.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like everyone said, it's not just you. I used to be MUCH worse about the compulsive hand washing. I have grown out of that quite a bit (I think because, knock on wood, I haven't v* for a while, I usually get really bad afer I've been sick because I think I've let my guard down), but I still use instant hand stuff on my hands and my sons hands after we've been anywhere in public, pretty much. I try not to be too compulsive with him, though, that is hard. I don't take ani-emets either, as I can get attached. I don't know if anyone else here associates diahriah (spelling wrong I'm sure) with v*, but I do and for a while I got myself hooked on Immodium. I got over that when I got pregnant and couldn't take it anymore, so now I try to stay away from meds as much as possible. In the end I think they make it harder because that's one more thing to obsess about. I will drink, but never will get drunk, and I will ride rollercoaster only in the front (so if someone else does v* I won't see it or get it on me, but I always take dramamine first).

I could go on and on about the limits I put on myself..I will do a lot of things that some people on here can't do, but that's because I have decided the only way those things will be safe (must have dramamine to travel or ride rides, never more than four drinks, will only sit in front of the car, will fly, but only with dramamine and no more than a few hours, with no conecting flights, etc.)

I am addicted to two things that i cna't leave my home without a bottle of
    diet coke (cause its the closest thing to water) and excel gum I eat 24's of
    those in 2 weeks.. they take away any nausea and take away any hunger
    that i have when im out cause i dont eat when im out
    i avoid big crowds i hate smelly people that breath on u in a crowded
    subway.
    and so on don't worry
    i i love camping and rollercoasters though
    the rollercoasters are so scary that u forget about anything.. nausea isnt
    presento n rollercoasters just dont eat before u go on them..
    the nauseators are the spinning things.. like the cups and the centrifuge
    things oh man eww!