Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Uhg.....has anyone ever had this happen to them? You feel like you're getting a head cold but it never really starts???? I have never had this happen to me before...I know how I feel when I'm getting a cold, and that's how I have felt for like several days now, but it doesn't seem to want to start. I am miserable, I think I would rather have the full blown cold than a "kinda cold". Argh.

I took my temp and it was 97.7 so I don't have a fever which makes me feel a little bit better. It seems as though when I am starting to wake up in the mornings I have this dizzy feeling in my head until I open my eyes and sit up. I am afraid that I am sick so i just lay around all day. Then I feel miserable when I have to go to work in the afternoon.

I have been on Zoloft now for a month. I was feeling better at the end of my 3rd week of it....started to go out and do stuff and wasn't afraid of being n* or v* and now all of a sudden I have started to freak again...like I had a set back (which I can't think of anything specifically that happened) only this time I REALLY am obsessing about my physical health. Constantly de-germing everything.....only eating bland food and drinking water (even that is sparingly) I am afraid to go to work cause I am afraid of getting sick there. I go to see my couselor tomorrow, thank god. I just hope I can make it til then.

Something that is really frustrating to me is that I can never ever wake up and feel GREAT!!! I always feel like complete crap or so-so. And when I feel like crap, I can't really explain how I feel but I know what I don't feel quite right. I can't keep running to my dr. for every little ache and pain I have cause it cost me $30 everytime I go there and get checked out...which gets expensive. I don't know what to do, I'm sorry this post turned into a "poor me" thread. I guess I started rambling....if anyone has any advice or suggestions...please let me know!

Maybe my immune system is better since I quit smoking!! I just thought of that! It could be a possibility!!! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]Edited by: 1scareddj
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Know what?? I get this really mild, sore throat thing maybe twice a year or so. What I think it is, like your situation also, is that our immune system's are pretty strong, and fighting of an illness. I always say yo my family when I get the sore throat thing, "I was exposed to something, but won't get sick". They ask how I know, and I tell them. i know that's what it is. So, I think it's definitely a good thing that you aren't very prone to illness right now. When you smoke, you destroy the little protective hairs in your nose, throat and trachea called "cilia". Now that you've stopped smoking, you are probably getting them back and your immune system is stronger. Good for you![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey Melanie...where do you live?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ruby -

I live in South West Wisconsin!!! YAY the land of the farms, trucks, 4 wheelers and bars LOL [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Hey! I am in northern IL.....I teach in Antioch...like 8 miles from the Wisconsin border! My sister lives in Evansville, WI and teaches at Beloit College! Are we near each other??
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

You know I have had the same thing for about 2 weeks now. Its like a "half cold" or something. I've had the lightheadedness and sinuses hurting, aching and sore throat/chest, but it doesn't acutally go into anything. Then the symptoms will dissapear for awhile and then come back again. It is irritating, its like my body is mostly fighting it off, but it can't quite finish it off or something. Gah!

You know, I'vebeen getting the same thing. I have it again right now - I get a headache, feel achey, get a bit of a sore throat and feel generally run down and tired,I feel just like you do before you start with a cold. Then the cold never appears! I would rather get a full blown cold and get it over with than keep feeling off like this and it dragging on (
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb