Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Disgusting!

I didn't really know the extent of how lax people are with their health until last week at school.

I left to go to the bathroom to freshen up. In there, a total of five woman had come in, did their business, and left. Not one of them washed their hands! Here they offer a whole line of sinks and restocked antibacterial hand soap. I watched from the mirror as the woman didn't even glance at the sinks but instead went to the mirrors, reapplied their makeup, touched their faces, and left. Touching the doorhandle of the bathroom, then who knows what else!

I was so revolted. I understand there is a need to be pressed for time when at school, and you can't be lollygagging in the bathroom while your professors wait patiently for your return, but honestly! Spare a couple of seconds and thoroughly clean your hands. It's not hard, and it's safe!

Despite the comfort that it is not sv* related, door handles are touched by dozens, thousands even! Payphones, vending machines, etc, that I was suddenly aware how risky it really is outside the security of your home.

Since then I use the sleeve of my shirt to open doors, and always keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse. Just don't understand how people can live so carelessly like that, but maybe it's just me being overly pre-cautious. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

YUCK!!!! That is soooo gross!!!!!! I can't believe how people are!!! YUCK!!!! You're not being overly cautious!!! I am the exact same as yoU!!! Ewww...those gals make me want to v*!!!! (well, you know what I mean!)
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Hi there!!!

That is really nasty!! It's amazing to me after all the education on germs and how not to spread them that people STILL do not wash their hands after using the restroom!!! I've actually seen men stroll out buckling their pants as they walk......you know they didn't wash and they have to get more personal in the bathroom than us ladies do! And no, I do not hang out by mens rooms! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    I try not to touch anything in the bathroom if I can help it. I always get my paper towel before washing, and grab some extra to open the door.
    People can be so nasty!!!!

I was actually surprised of how good my bf is about washing his
    hands...but yeah totally gross...this is why i dont like to have to use
    public restrooms...but i have to sometimes, i cant hold it for 8 hours!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah that is gross. If those women had time to touch up their make up they had enough time to wash their hands. There were a few times in high school when I absolutely didn't have time to wash my hands because there were only 5 minutes between classes, and the teachers tended to be very asinine and would yell at you if you were late for any reason. I always hated it because I literally felt like my hands were dirty and germy. However, once the sv outbreak hit my school that winter, I decided that they could yell all they wanted I was going to take the time to wash.

In college I've never ever had a problem with not having enough time to wash. As a matter of fact in the biology building (which is where I spend most of my time since that's what I'm studying) there's a sign on the bathroom door which says "Please help stop the spread of illness. Wash your hands."

That's sooo disgusting! I see it all the time though. And the few who DO wash their hands don't do it right. They either just rinse their hands w/ water for a few seconds or wash them for like ... not enough time.

***by the way, forget the hand sanitizer. It doesn't kill viruses