Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, need some help here....really panicked! My son for the last couple of weeks, has been waking up in the middle of the night. He is 6 years old, and goes to bed at 8. EVERY NIGHT he wakes up sometimes 30 mins-2 hours after he went to bed SOAKED....so bad that I need to change his pj's and his bedding. After I get him to bed again, he continues to get out of bed for 1-2 hours about every 5-10 mins. Tonight, I had to change his pj's and bedding and got him back in bed, and I checked on him about 30 mins after that and he was soaked again, but still sleeping. Anyone else have this with their kids? What can I do to get him to stay in bed. The reason I am most panicked is when you go a GOOGLE search for child with night sweats cancer comes up. Advice...please!!

I just googled it and read about cancer as well. I also read about severe nightmres and sleep apnea.

My advice, and if I were you, I'd (just to be sure) take him to the dr. for some blood tests, and if the dr. doesn't think they're necessary, insist on it. At least for your peace of mind. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I thought about nightmares too...but he never says that he had a bad dream or is scared. My hubby has sleep apnea, and I am actually going to get tested for that on Nov 8th cause I am having heart palpitations, and they can't figure out what is causing them. I am gonna call the doctor in the morning, just to make myself feel better. Thanks!

Please keep us updated.

I wish you the best!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Do you have a plastic sheet over his mattress, incase he wets the bed? I had one on my son's bed and it used to make him sweat terribly. Once I took it off it stopped.

It could be this simple but I know how you must be worrying. Yes, night sweats can be a symptom of something underlying, but with something like cancer, you would usually expect to see some other symptoms too, not just the sweats, so try and stay calm. Diabetes is also a possibility, does he drink more than usual?

Anyway, I hope you get this sorted and remember there's a high chance that this is nothing sinister. If your son is his normal self the rest of the time then it's notlikely to be anything bad.

Thinking of you though.

I just had a quick look via Google and it seems night sweats in childrencan be perfectly normal and just caused because your child is too hot. Have you noticed anything else that is different - loss of appetite for example? I would have a word with your son's doctor if only to put your mind at rest. I'm sureeverything will be ok, please let us know.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Thanks guys for you bit of advice...makes me feel better.

I use to have a plastic cover over his mattress, but it got all ripped up, I need to get a new one. He doesn't drink more than usual...I have noticed that his appetite is a little off. He doesn't eat as much as normal. He complains about his tummy hurting from time to time, and of course I FREAK out over that. He has complained about his leg hurting, towards his hip. I will be calling the doctor today, 15 mins to be exact

I will keep you all posted, thanks for the advice, and keeping me in your thoughts!

Yes.. Take him to the doctor for peace of mind and please let us know how it goes. I will be thinking of you guys.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Quote Originally Posted by 6pksummer

Thanks guys for you bit of advice...makes me feel better.

I use to have a plastic cover over his mattress, but it got all ripped up, I need to get a new one. He doesn't drink more than usual...I have noticed that his appetite is a little off. He doesn't eat as much as normal. He complains about his tummy hurting from time to time, and of course I FREAK out over that. He has complained about his leg hurting, towards his hip. I will be calling the doctor today, 15 mins to be exact

I will keep you all posted, thanks for the advice, and keeping me in your thoughts!

With the tummy hurting and the leg pains, PLEASE get him checked. Please, I am not trying to scare you, but you really need to be sure. It may very well be nothing, but blood tests can confirm that.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well, I spoke with the Dr office yesterday, and they said wait just a few days, see what happens. Could be that he is waking up from dreams and those dreams are causing him to get sweaty.

Last night, he woke up about 30 mins after I put him to bed, but he wasn't sweaty at all. I went to bed about 10:15, and somewhere between there and 2am he woke up again, and when I woke up, he was sleeping in my bed with his pillow. Not sweaty at all.

I guess I'm just gonna wait it out tonight and tomorrow yet. Thanks for all your support guys!!

Maybe its growth sperits? my bf sweats soooo much at night, its
    gross...he is always extra warm, and infact most men that i have dated
    have all been the same way, really warm and sweating at night...my bf
    currently sweats a lot, not just during sleeping, but the blankets make
    him too warm...did he tell you if it was a nightmare??? or something
    scared him?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.