Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OMG I feel awful today...I just got back from my counselor's and I am shaking. I had d* 1 time last night and have not felt right since. It has kinda come and gone today. I was telling my couselor about how I felt yucky. I felt ok when I was there talking with her. She thought I may have a little bug....NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR....but I am still pretty new with her. I told to her that I am OBSESSED with my health and that I freak over every little thing. I really didn't feel much relief from her today like I have in the past. I am freaking so bad.....I feel soooo N* but I haven't eaten anything and I haven't v* and I haven't had D* since 840 last night....its 220pm now on Halloween. I am so scared....I can't stop shaking....my mom tells me to go to the doc and get a blood test but I am TERRIFIED of that too!!!! ARGH!!! I just want to crawl in a hole.......does this sound like a sv???? Why does my tummy hurt so much.....I can't remember feeling like this before!!! I am soooo scared!!!!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Sometimes we have D one time just because.........no reason. it doesn't have to be a bug or food poisening or anything, just full or nervous bowels. You are stressed and that makes your tummy up tight which makes it hurt. Hunger also makes it hurt amd N*. I still smoke naughty me. You are giving up and i think thats amazing, you are doing so well and that could be another reason why you are up tight.

I don't know what you do to relax but that's whats needed, food, relaxation and distraction.

Thanks for responding! I just feel like I can't stop shaking!!!!! I am so scared! I woke up this morning with bad stomach cramps on my lower left side but when I got up they were gone...I still feel like I may have to poop again.....but I am afraid to. I have an hour to get calmed down cause I then have to go to work!! ARGH....I am freaking out so bad!!!!

Going to the Loo again can only be a good thing. If you had anything bad you would of been in and out of the bathroom all night. It was yesterday you had D* wasn't it ? i think.

Yes it was last night.....I was at work and took some immodium so I could finish my shift without having to go again. I was real n* when I was lying in bed. But I eventually fell asleep......what the heck is wrong with me...I feel so out of sorts right now....I am soooo scared. I don't wanna v*!!!! I really don't wanna v* but I alost feel like "today is the day" kinda thing....that's how bad I feel!!!!! Oh no, now I am crying!! I HATE THIS STUPID PHOBIA!

You will be okay. Try and relax. Where in WI is your radio station out of? Do you thinkI can tune in from Antioch, IL? Would it help to know a fellow emet was listening? I am always up for meeting new people, or even having someone not so far away to call when freaking out,like you are now. Let me know. I know you will be fine. Keep reminding yourself that.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Today is not the day. You will be alright. Have you anything to eat since you got up ?

Hey, sorry you're feeling icky. I will be on yahoo for another 20 mins or so.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Becky! Sorry I missed you! I will be on for a couple hours....I'm still feeling weird. I haven't eaten anything today. I have some gas right now and my tummy is growling like I am hungry! WTF?? I don't get it! I feel like I'm going to v* but I'm hungry???? I feel so strange cause I have been in CONSTANT painc since I got up this morning.......anyone ever panicked ALL day??? I'm still so scared......

I do know how you feel. I've had panic last almost all day long before. To me I feel like I would be okay if I could just fast forward a week or so & get this behind me. And instead, time seems to go so much slower.

To me, it sounds like your stomach cramps could be stress related or female related perhaps?

What helps me too, is reading the discussion Sage and Alvin had re: SV & how they work. That's why I'm here tonight. My husband thought he might get sick, although he didn't. But, that was enough to send me into a panic. After reading through there info, I realize I'm probably not exposed even if he is sick.

That thread helps and the meds I'm on probably help. I did take a Lorzapam for the first time. I'm finding that it calmed me down within 15 to 20 mins. I'm sleepy, but that is the only side effect.

Hang in there.