Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today my doctor gave me a 14 day sample of Cipralex (an anti-depresant), has anyone tried this drug or heard of it?
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Is it the same as Lexapro? If so, I've tried Lexapro. Personally, I didn't like it. I had some side effects such as muscle tension, jaw clenching, teeth grinding & the worst (although it may not matter in your situation, that's up to you) it KILLED my s_x drive. I don't remember ever being N* with it, but I couldn't stand the other side effects.

I tried Zoloft after that. It was better, but still the s_x issue & I gained weight. Now, I'm on Wellbutrin, which I like & then I take Ativan for periods of high anxiety.

Hope this helps. Lexapro may work for you. It doesn't hurt to try. Side effects range so much from person to person. I think it did help my anxiety.

Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

I took Lexapro for about 2 years. For the first couple of weeks, it made me very n* (no v*), tired and I completely lost my appetite. Gradually the side effects went away as my body adjusted to it. It did make me more tired than usual as I remember taking regular naps and I gained quite a bit of weight. It did help my anxiety though, almost too much as it made me a bit manic. That ultimately caused me to go off of it about 2 years ago. Yes, my anxiety has returned, but at least I feel like myself again and I am back to my normal weight.

I had major major major major insomnia with Lexapro. I thought I was going to go completely mad. No nausea or vomiting, though.

Keep in mind, everyone is completely different.

\"This too shall pass\"

This morning I felt very weird .. I woke up and I felt very nauesous .. I just tried to shake it off, thought I was hungry. Then I suddneley felt very dizzy and faint and I had to sit down, I felt like I had to breathe in deep breaths of air (the whole time I felt VERY nauseous) and my face just went completley white .. so I decided to stay home from school today .. Very weird ..
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you started taking the medication yet?

Yes, I took one last nigh tbefore i wnet to bed

Ah, I definitely think it's from the medication. You will be absolutely fine, I promise.But, your body has to adjust to having a foreign substance in your bloodstream and you are probably going to feel a little weird for the first week or so.As I mentioned, I had a lot of side effects for the first few weeks, but eventually they went away. Antidepressants are powerful drugs, so you're going to feel a little off before you start to feel better. At least this was my experience.

Also, I forgot to mention...if this continues, you may want to ask your doctor if you can split the pill and take half the dose. You can't do this with all medicationsas some are time released, but if there is a score down the middle of the pill, you can probably cut it in half. For me, the Lexapro was too strong for me to start with a whole pill. So, I cut them in half for the first week before I increased to a full pill. This made the side effects a little better. But, like I said, be sure to check with your doctor first.

Ok, thank-you

As soon as I read that, I remembered that I started with 1/2 dose for about the first week. I have some trouble with dizziness etc. when I change meds. so I have to do it much slower than my drs. even suggest. Also, make sure you take your meds with food if you have the n* or dizzimess.

It does take some adjustment, but if it works for you it's WELL WORTH IT! Hang in there!

Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

Thanks