Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

What do you feel is the worst part about V*?

Is it the feeling of being out of control and nervous rightbefore it happens?
    Do you get a bad taste in your mouth?
    Is it the sight?
    Or is it the nausea before hand?

All of the above!

Hi there!!

Agreed!! Everything above and then some. I think it's safe to say I HATE every single thing about v*!Edited by: christianne

Oh boy:

I am afraid of how it will taste, what it will look like, how many time I will V*, if it will come out my nose or not, if I don't make it to the toilet, if I have to clean it up, if i get it on me or someone else.....that's what I am afriad of.
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I hate ALL of it, but the build-up is the worst part for me. I literally shake and cry and I can't bear the n*.

I think for me, throughout the whole process... it isn't the smell, or the taste, or what it will look like. It's the retching that scares me, because retching is straining, exhausting, and can last many seconds before anything happens. Edited by: chemicalemotion

..........and as for the sight, I wouldn't know - I ALWAYS have my eyes shut. I have never seen my own v*!!

For me its deffinatley the n* before hand and the gagging!! you cant breathe or anything! Its horrible! I dont even wanna think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalemotion
    I think for me, throughout the whole process... it isn't the smell, or the taste, or what it will look like. It's the retching that scares me, because retching is straining, exhausting, and can last many seconds before anything happens. </font>
    Agh! I agree. It's DEFINATELY the retching for me. I can't stand to see other people retch, either. ::shudder::

I also hate the mess =X

I have decided that it is the actual feeling of n* that gets me. Not the actual v*. I have seen my g/f do it a couple times since weve been together. Both times were related to really bad surgery pain. She was so calm and it didnt look painful at all. Afterwards she was completly fine and she told me that it wasnt that bad at all. I guess I cant really say for sure if thats true for me or not. The last time i v* was 7 years ago and I was a youngin. Things are always worse when your young. Now that im an adult im confident that I could handle v* if it ever came. So just getting through the n* is my one concern.

It's the n* and buildup. The feeling of not being able to breathe!!!!

I would say its the horrible nausea and build up and the whole "what if" or "when"? Once it happens once or twice then I get used to it and its not so bad. It just sucks to feel so awful. I think real bad nausea has to be one of the worst feelings in the world.

All of the above for me too! lol Mostly the nausea and the taste. *shudder* I've also never seen my own v*. I always shut my eyes and try and put my hands over my ears too.