Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm so glad to see that there are others who feel the way I do. Although, of course, I'm sad that so many of us are dealing with this. I have always hated getting sick, especially when v* is involved. A few years ago, I really became emetophobic, though. I'm not even sure why. I had a lot of illnesses as a child, and my mom was sick a lot, so I guess that could be it. I have a history of panic disorder and depression, so maybe this was just the latest manifestation. In any case...I'm pretty good with it now. I think I've learned how to put it in the proper context in my life, but it's still there. I'm just better at coping with it. I v*'d about 6 months ago during the flu, but it wasn't that big a deal. It was the first time I had in over 5 years. Anyway...I teach music to kids, and yesterday, my first student (who was 4) threw up all over the piano. It was so gross. I tried to clean it up, but it had gotten too far into the piano, so I had to hire a cleaning service to clean the piano. Really traumatic! So, I'm freaking out. There's a bug going around that lots of the kids have, so I'm sure I'm going to get it. I hardly slept last night I was so worried. This has really set me back. The thing is, this kid had a cold and was coughing right before she got sick, so I think that's what brought it on, not Norwalk, but I'm still living in fear. I have to go on a plane to a wedding this weekend, and I'm already terrified. I really thought I had this under control, and I'm disappointed to see how quickly I can go back to old patterns. Oh well. Just needed to talk to others who understand.

Thanks,
jbear